Animated GIFs for Avatars

Discussion on topics that aren't specifically related to current FASA product lines or don't fit elsewhere.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Should animated GIFs be banned as avatars for this forum?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:35 am

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 33

TarlimanJoppos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Animated GIFs for Avatars

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:35 am

Message from a forum admin, please read.

We have had some complaints about people using animated GIFs for their forum avatars. I personally find them distracting, but then I have attentional problems. I know some people really like animated GIFs and put a lot of work into creating them. We're going to take a vote here, and decide from that whether or not we continue to allow animated GIFs for avatars. You have 45 days from the posting date of this announcement to voice your opinion and vote. At the end of that time, I will check the poll results and create a policy on animated GIFs. If you want to discuss the issue in this thread, that's fine, but keep the discussion polite. You are allowed to change your vote until the poll closes.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Return to “General Discussion”