Renegade Legion

Discussion on topics that aren't specifically related to current FASA product lines or don't fit elsewhere.
SteinarB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Renegade Legion

Postby SteinarB » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Come on, I can't be the only one who'd like to see this old FASA property resurrected? Right? Heck, it even had a couple of video games in its time, Renegade Legion: Interceptor (an adaptation of the boardgame) and Renegade: The Battle for Jacob's Star (a space combat flight sim). Surely I can't be the only one who liked the setting enough to see it return? I know it never really got the kind of attention Battletech or Shadowrun got, but still...

TarlimanJoppos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Renegade Legion

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:16 pm

As much a we'd like to bring back Renegade Legion, it's just not going to happen right now. We're putting everything we've got into ED4. Speaking as Line Developer for 1879, I've been putting my own product line on the back burner to help support the ED4 KS and make sure that Josh Harrison isn't swamped by its demands. Once we get ED4 out, and 1879, and the new stuff for Fading Suns, then we'll look at what else we can do. No promises for Renegade Legion, but we're aware that it still has a highly committed fan base.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

VonCarr

Postby VonCarr » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:48 pm

Is there any plans to perhaps upload the old published material to drivethrurgp? It would be nice to see it again since I'm sure many have lost their original books.

Athaeis

Postby Athaeis » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:18 pm

I have to admit that I would like to see Renegade Legion, again, but I would like to see Legionnaire with a whole new game system, as the one within was horrid, even for its time.

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:27 pm

I have been trying to get my greedy paws on Renegade Legion since before I was in FASA Games. As Andrew mentioned, one of the issues is just purely a matter of time and focus. To take on another line we would have to split our attention to what we have in progress. I believe that there are also some other reasons of which I am both not sure of and also not at liberty to discuss even if I did know. Legal stuff most likely. :(

Tell you what though, the minute I hear anything about it you'll see me posting about it like crazy! :)
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Athaeis

Postby Athaeis » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:00 pm

I was never a huge fan of the Renegade Legion line, but if asked about it -perhaps in a more official capacity-, I bet I could come up with a few realistic goals to make Legionnaire more accessible to folks, if you ever get your hands on it, again. I have my Legionnaire book, though unfortunately it's in storage, and I had copies of RL: Interceptor, Centurion, and Leviathan before the now ex-wife denuded my role-playing game collection. Legionnaire and supplements for it are what I would likely be most interested in seeing developed further. I see something of a Star Wars (4, 5, and 6)-esque pre-war espionage game, in a system similar to Aliens Adventure Game rather than the mess it has, now. Using SDS has always been close to impossible for keeping interest, and a better flow to the game should be built. The character generation system needs a fair overhaul, as well, and the history and setting of the game should feel more natural and less mechanical, something to really draw people interested by the synopsis into reading the rest of those features.

That's just a beginning.

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:57 pm

Heh yes. It would need a lot of work but I think that it is a a fairly moot point for now. :( Barring some sort of miracle I don't think we'll see Renegade Legion again any time soon.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

Athaeis

Postby Athaeis » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:24 pm

I heard that the first time. Thank you.

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:33 am

Just figured I would add my yearly update. Still not able to get the license. :(

Maybe next year. (Now I sound like a Chicago Cub's fan LOL!!!)
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:33 pm

Except FASA hasn't been cursed by a man with a goat.

That I know of...

Yet... :shifty:

Return to “General Discussion”