[Moved] Noble Armada

Discussion on the Noble Armada game line, errata, and feedback not related to miniatures.
Bogie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Moved] Noble Armada

Postby Bogie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:28 am

Moved from the Fading Suns section.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Antra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [Moved] Noble Armada

Postby Antra » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:16 am

Hey folks, please forgive me if my information is out of date (haven't touched FS since 1ED, and NA for almost as long), but having read Nerroth's previous It would seem to me that this collaboration to produce a new NA would be a perfect place to create a companion book for both FS and NA covering the Star Crusades and Lost Worlds material.

This would allow for the Vuldrok, Kurga, Vau, and other powers outside the Known Worlds to be explored in greater detail for the RPG while also focusing on their statistics and ships for the minis game. I would even say that the model used by FASA for it's House books during the Battletech era provides a perfect proof of concept. Plenty of RPG material, setting fluff, and hard stats for the mini game.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:33 am

Personally I agree with this, although it is worth remembering that it is still very early days NA-wise. But doing companion books for NA and FS (not dual system, because they tend to attract a lot of loathing, but instead separate books that "click together") is a good idea.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:59 am

Well we do plan on integrating the game lines as much as possible so that we have crossover events in both the RPG and NA stuff. One thing that I would like to do someday is go back to the old school FASA days and run NA games at conventions over the course of a year in and summarize the results into a campaign module / storyline / adventure so that people playing the miniatures game at the conventions actually can effect the story line of an adventure.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Antra

Postby Antra » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:10 am

Two linked books would work very well as long as their publish release coincide. I think it would put people off if, for example, the NA Kurga book came out and then players had to wait a few months for the FS link book. Also size and cost of such books would be a concern I would suspect.

I know dual system books get a lot of backlash and loathing, but it is something that FASA has approached before with other systems quite successfully. Again I point to previous products that FASA has made in the past (Battletech, Crimson Skies, Renegade Legion/Legionnaire), where dual system books were used.

I think it boils down to balancing the material. If the new NA is being designed to work hand in hand with FSR then any NA material put into a book would be useful to a RPG player and a Mini player. You can than provide small sidebars with rules, beneficies/afflictions, and so forth for FS. Not only would it consolidate all subject matter for a given faction into one book for players of both games, but I would suspect that it would cut down on production time, production cost, and ramp up to get the product out.

I'm really excited getting back into FS and NA as they were two of the first games I cut my teeth on during my early gaming career and inspired me to write material of my own.

Antra

Postby Antra » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:11 am

Nerroth

Postby Nerroth » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:56 pm

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:16 pm

(numerous projects)

Antra

Postby Antra » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:19 pm

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Personally I would be more interested in doing stories/campaigns where the outcome as determined by player actions had internal implications without influencing the overall setting very much.
(numerous projects)

Return to “Product Discussion”