Preview at GenCon

Discussion on the Noble Armada game line, errata, and feedback not related to miniatures.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bogie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Preview at GenCon

Postby Bogie » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:41 pm

We'll be showing up at GenCon with the preview version. Rules are done, just finalizing art and photography!!
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Bertjammin

Re: Preview at GenCon

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:17 am

How did it go? What was the feedback?
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:59 am

Everyone that played seemed to have a lot of fun. I had a lot of fun running it! No crazy problems with the rules themselves. I found a few spots where I will need to make some clarifications in the text before final printing, so I guess we got lucky we missed the deadline for the con? :)

Having simplified down to one major table to reference during game play really sped thing up. Shields are working how I envisioned, and even boarding actions worked out quickly... having resolved in about 2-3 rounds of game play.

I will say boarding actions are still a bit cumbersome - I might toy with an optional rule of resolving the entire boarding sequence when it happens and get control of a ship immediately, but we'll see. I want to get more player feedback on it before I go tinkering now.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:09 am

Online .pdf of "option rules" after printing perhaps? ;)
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:08 pm

Absolutely, we are going to present a number of optional rules online that were already planned, just someone needs to get the new web site done.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

Return to “Product Discussion”