Sturdiness of Grimoires

Discussion on the 1879 roleplaying game.
Shingetsu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sturdiness of Grimoires

Postby Shingetsu » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:23 am

What is the Physical Defense, Mystic Defense, and Barrier
Rating for Grimoires???
Can't find anything in the Player's Guide.

etherial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sturdiness of Grimoires

Postby etherial » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:03 am

Shingetsu

Postby Shingetsu » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:31 am

Please tell me more. On what page in what book is a list of grimoire materials?

Shingetsu

Postby Shingetsu » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:36 am

I have the normal paper grimoire in mind. Normally a grimoire is a book and books are
made of paper.

etherial

Postby etherial » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Shingetsu

Postby Shingetsu » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:32 pm

okay okay

but where can I find the sturdiness ratings for different grimoire materials???
As I told you, I have the normal paper grimoire in mind, bound in leather.

etherial

Postby etherial » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Shingetsu

Postby Shingetsu » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:48 pm

"The magician may attempt to divert Strain to the grimoire. This is voluntary, not
required. Make a Spellcasting Test against the Mystic Defense of the grimoire. One
point of Strain may be sent to the grimoire per success. Each point of Strain routed to
the grimoire reduces its Barrier Rating by 1. Yes, this destroys spell entries."

For Grimoire Casting I need more than just Mystic Defense. I need that darn
barrier rating.

etherial

Postby etherial » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:57 pm

I apologize. I did not notice what forum we were in. My answers are all based on Earthdawn mechanics which, while similar, appear to have a different focus.

Shingetsu

Postby Shingetsu » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:47 pm

No problem. The rules are very very similar, with a few minor differences.
The magic system is a bit different. No more thread weaving.

Return to “Roleplaying”