Sturdiness of Grimoires

Discussion on the 1879 roleplaying game.
TarlimanJoppos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sturdiness of Grimoires

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:03 pm

The Barrier Rating Table is in the Gamemaster's Guide, forthcoming. Here's the table, copied from the galley proof:

Barrier Rating Table
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Shingetsu
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Shingetsu » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:15 am

I see nothing about grimoires.

TarlimanJoppos

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:32 am

I would set the stats for a grimoire, usually a fairly chunky book, equal to Wood 2". Have you ever tried to tear a book in half? There's a reason why ripping a phone book is a demonstration of incredible strength. However, if the character chooses to have their grimoire be a strand of engraved beads, I'd alter the stats accordingly. I've made a note that this is Errata, and that we should add a table with typical Grimoire PA and BR stats to the next printing.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Return to “Roleplaying”