Czlaplon Quest

GM: TarlimanJoppos. "This subforum is for an online spinoff from my Bearers of the Helm campaign."
arcomniflash
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Czlaplon Quest

Postby arcomniflash » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:32 am

"Alright then. Once we hear what the Captain has to say on the matter, we'll be able to decide how to move forward, so I'll head back to my cabin and wait for you there unless there's anything else that need's done." I'll nod to the both of them and then head off further into the ship - I want to check on my quarters as well, not that I don't trust Kolbeinn's elementals or anything, but seeing things for yourself does help. Of course, I'll keep an eye out for anything unusual on the way.

TarlimanJoppos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:07 pm

Isaac: Make a PER test to check on your quarters, unless you have a Skill or Talent you'd rather use.

Alston: You and Mekhitar head up the gangway to the next deck, then aft toward the crew area and the gangway up to the bridge, but find the captain before you get there. She's standing in the corridor outside the junior officers' wardroom, the one your group took over, with Gudrun and three crewmen, the first two keeping the third from running away while Gudrun glowers down at him as if she's deciding what sauce to use. You arrive in time to hear Gudrun say, “The Dinganni and my moot both agree that a thief should not be allowed to remain among the tribe. My moot would put the thief over the edge of the nearest thousand foot drop, while the Dinganni brand and exile thieves but allow them to live. I have never been quite certain which is the better solution.” She rumbles thoughtfully on the last sentence, considering the hapless crewman with the same look an entomologist would use choosing the paper to which to pin a specimen.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Oh, well that answers that set of questions. Despite the implications of being a thief, I can't help but feel a small twinge of sympathy for the poor fellow, cursed as he apparently is with more testicular fortitude than common sense. I mean really, what did he think would happen with this group aboard?

I definitely don't want to get close enough to Gudrun to be considered an interruption while she is making dinner plans, but we really should include her on what has come up. I'll use my size to my advantage, presenting a smaller target as I drift a bit closer to the captain, speaking softly only when there is silence. "Captain, Gudrun, if we could have a brief word when you've concluded business here?" I'll wait just long enough to get some form of acknowledgement before floating back over to Mekhitar's shoulder. I could have waited for him to step in and navigate the social protocol here, but he tends to naturally pull focus, and I don't think that is the desired effect right now.

arcomniflash

Postby arcomniflash » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:40 pm

Perception Test (d12) - 9

TarlimanJoppos

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Isaac: You see nothing off with your quarters.

Alston: The captain nods acknowledgement, and looks to Gudrun. “Your quarters,” she says. “Your decision.”

Gudrun thinks about it for a moment more, then pulls a dagger – the crewman flinches – and nicks her thumb with it. She reaches out and runs her thumb up the crewman's snout, and across his brow ridges, intoning something nethermantic. The crewman's eyes go grey and opaque, and he gasps and falls to his knees, clutching at his face and beginning to sob. Gudrun sags a little, and tells the captain, “What else happens to him from this point is not my concern.” She then turns to Alston and Mekhitar. “You have the floor, or deck as it may be.”
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:58 pm

I have to wonder if the marking actually did anything, or if it's all for show. I don't know enough about it to figure it out myself, and I'm not going to bother asking, especially not with the victim in earshot. Besides, if he believes it's going to do something to him, well, then it probably will.

Once given the go ahead, I'll start us off and let Mekhitar fill in any additional details or make any flourishes he might think are necessary. "We, or more specifically, Isaac, received a request for adept assistance from one of the town council members after the display. We don't know the exact nature of the request just yet, as Isaac thought it best for all of us to be present to hear it. The rest of the group discussed it briefly and thought it would be best to check with you, Captain, to see what sort of time frame we might be allowed before agreeing to anything."

TarlimanJoppos

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:58 am

Alston: The Captain makes a sour face, and stares off at the river for a moment before replying. Then she shrugs, and sighs. “Well, I knew traveling with adepts would get complicated. It always does. Go see what the town council needs. If it's not going to take more than a candlemark or two, we can still move on before sunset. Otherwise, we can lay over here for the night. Not the worst thing, it'll give us the morning sun when we hit the Strangler.” Meanwhile, the crewman that Gudrun marked is being half-dragged away, clutching at his face and sobbing about how that troll bitch blinded him.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Kasbak

Postby Kasbak » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:47 am

Not enough time for something that would take several days, but at least enough to see what the town needs. That will have to suffice. "Very good then. I believe the rest of the group just went to check on their rooms. Gudrun, would you like to meet us at the gangplank once we have everyone gathered?" I'll wait to have her acknowledgement and approval before I go anywhere.

Assuming there are no objections, I'll offer to Mekhitar that I can fetch Kolbeinn, since we share a room, and Isaac, if he would like to track down Garsevan and Shaliko.

arcomniflash

Postby arcomniflash » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:26 pm

I assume tracking down Garsevan and Shaliko won't be too hard, so I'll go looking for them. Once we're all together, we can proceed into town. I don't personally recall where the man wanted to meet us, but if there was a specific place I'll suggest we head there - otherwise the town hall would be our best bet. Obviously, this would also be a good time to keep an eye out for anyone following us, since leaving the boat to do a mock duel is one thing, but leaving it to do some actual adept work is quite another, and we still don't know what they want.

TarlimanJoppos

Postby TarlimanJoppos » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:26 pm

Getting the party together is neither tedious nor time consuming. Kolbeinn and Gudrun take a minute to set new watchers on your quarters, making a bit of a show of it this time, since it's now well established that you're leaving guardians. You all proceed to the warehouse with the blue door, Isaac having a better memory than his player :). When you arrive, a dockworker type who's lounging against the wall by the door looks you over briefly, and lets you in without a word.

Inside, the warehouse is typical of its kind – a rough table against the wall that serves as a standing desk, with bills of lading and a ledger and such on it, and a large open space with goods stacked in ordered piles awaiting transit. Two people have pulled up packing crates by the table, and are playing cards, Garvin and the dwarf woman. When you come in, Garvin glances up from his cards. “You're a bit late. I was concerned that you wouldn't show up at all.” The dwarf woman puts her cards down on the large crate between them and says, “Galleon, sevens over threes. They showed up. Hand against the wager, we're even?” Garvin gives her an annoyed glance and says “Fine, fine, whatever.”
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Return to “Czlaplon Quest”