Czlaplon Quest

GM: TarlimanJoppos. "This subforum is for an online spinoff from my Bearers of the Helm campaign."
arcomniflash
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Czlaplon Quest

Postby arcomniflash » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:14 pm

I'll place a hand on my hat and tip it forward slightly, it relieves tension somewhat. "Ah, Gudrun, research?" I'll say simply, pointing at the books. She doesn't seem like one to waste words, and when it's business, neither am I. Best to be accommodating. Also, books are good, and I feel a heck of a lot better about reading books than hanging out in bars hoping for some information - though both are good sources of it, I'm not so great at talking with people.

- Isaac

Tarliman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tarliman » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:44 pm

"Yes," she says. "While the journals of adepts are not the most reliable of sources, at the very least we can correlate their reports and isolate those items that are common across them. You are familiar with the process of triangulation?" She makes no move to help Kolbeinn pick up the documents, but then, considering her size, that might be for the best.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

arcomniflash

Postby arcomniflash » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Noticing that Kolbeinn is having some trouble, I'll help him pick up the documents. This also means that I can get a cursory glance at myself. "Yes." I'll say in response to Gudrun's question. That's likely enough for her, there's no need to explain what it is or how I know - though it is a holdover from my days as a mercenary, strategists used it when trying to determine the location of enemy encampments. "Garsevan suggested checking in taverns, also. Not a bad idea. Though I think it's something that Garsevan and perhaps Mekhitar would be better for. If he is to travel with us, he needs to be brought up to speed on what we are doing regardless."

- Isaac

Tarliman

Postby Tarliman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:48 pm

"The same applies here," Gudrun says, waving a hand at the books and scrolls that you and Kolbeinn are gathering up. From the cursory glances you're able to give the items as you pick them up and hand them to Kolbeinn, they're adepts' journals and maps. Most of them appear relatively recent in origin, although they're all the worse for wear, as you'd expect of documents that traveled with adepts. "I agree. You and Shaliko should bring Mekhitar up to date on our quest. You can then join Kolbeinn in sorting through the documents we have obtained, as between the three of you perhaps you will be able to read all of the languages therein. I have an audience with the foundation Nethermancers this evening, and will not be back before midnight. I am going to rest now for it." And with that, she turns and goes back into her room.

Kolbeinn has managed to get his room's door open while you were talking with Gudrun and picking up the books. "Just put them on the bed," he says, depositing his armload there. "We will have to, um ... " He switches to Sperethiel, and says something that sounds like a question.
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

arcomniflash

Postby arcomniflash » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:34 pm

I'll put my hands up when the Sperethiel starts. I'll point to myself and then downstairs. "I'll get Mekhitar." There's a pretty good chance that he can keep translate for Kolbeinn, and doing this will allow me to keep an eye on him nonetheless. After depositing the books on the bed in a neat pile, I'll go downstairs and try to find him - Shaliko too, since we can all work on this together. I have something to ask Garsevan also, so I'll speak with the first one I run into when I get down there.

- Isaac

Tarliman

Postby Tarliman » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Mekhitar and Shaliko are at the bar, having a quiet discussion when you come down the stairs. Garsevan is nowhere to be seen. "Isaac," Shaliko says, just loud enough to carry to you, not really calling out. "Moment of your time?"
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

arcomniflash

Postby arcomniflash » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:12 am

Glancing from Shaliko to Mekhitar and back again, I'll nod quietly and head over. Regarding Shaliko with a passive expression, I'll say "Yes?"

- Isaac

Tarliman

Postby Tarliman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:36 pm

"Couple of issues," Shaliko says. "First off, your wardrobe."
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

arcomniflash

Postby arcomniflash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:54 pm

I'll sigh quietly. "Any more pressing issues than that?"

- Isaac

Tarliman

Postby Tarliman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Mekhitar gives you a bad look. Shaliko raises an eyebrow. "Being appropriately dressed can make the difference between breathing and not breathing," he says. "Do you have the funds for proper clothing for the situation? If not, you'll need to put in a requisition with the Lightbearer office tonight. There's always someone at the desk no matter the hour. Second item, I have a lead from a riverboat crewman. He heard from a Syrtis crewman that bodies with the skin stripped from them were seen recently at the mouth of a tributary to the Serpent, well up into the Caucavics. If it's not the entity we're chasing, it's certainly something that should be investigated. But before that, we need to take our table, as they're serving dinner now."
Andrew Ragland
Line Developer, 1879

Return to “Czlaplon Quest”