Revised GM's Guide

Discussion on the Fading Suns game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Digger
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Revised GM's Guide

Postby Digger » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:22 pm

No sorry
Visit the Earthdawn and Fading Suns DeviantArt Groups or just take a look at my images
DramaScape Line Developer

Bearman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bearman » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:51 am

The map is awesome Mr. Digger!

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:57 am

Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Nitehood

Postby Nitehood » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:51 am

Any News on when the print/pdf combo of the GM's Guide will be available?

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:41 am

Soon. Sorry for the delay. We want to get it printed at the same time as the reprint of the Player's Guide which is just finishing up with layout now. Once we get both proofs done and approved then its just a matter of how long it takes to get them through the printer. I'd like to say by the end of March but we'll see. The Print on Demand version is going through another round of proofing but that may be ready sooner.

I just want to personally apologize that this is taking so long. I am working behind the scenes as fast as I can to get these books out there and in the hands of fans. A lot of the process is submit files, wait for results, get the results review, and resubmit. After we get these first couple of books done though I expect the process will go much smoother as we learn the things that are holding us up and what to look for.

-Todd
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Amlost

Postby Amlost » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:04 pm

Need a clarification:

In the Game Masters Guide it is stated that "Duchess Oelestre has held the post as Director of the Imperial Eye since 4980 and has reformed the organization and quietly purging those disloyal to the Emperor." This appears to be in contradiction with the date that Alexis was appointed Regent (4983) which would put her as an appointment upheld by Alexis but initially given the position by Samitra Li Halan.

This "solution," upholding, would appear to contrast a section in Spies and Revolutionaries pertaining to the Imperial Eye.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:18 am

FS canon sometimes contradict itself, and in those cases I usually sided with older books before newer ones, specific information before general info, and neutral voiced text before in-game text. Sometimes we end up with interesting side-effects like this. The timeline regarding Alexius' rise to power (and the Emperor Wars in general, actually) is a bit inconsistent in older books. Right now I cannot remember exactly why we went with 4983 as the year Alexius became Regent (other sources puts it in 4980, I believe), but there was a reason for that. Now, what is clear is that the office of Regent cannot have held that much power in choosing his/her 'ministers' etc., for there are some surprising people holding positions under Alexius (including Countess Carmetha Decados who was in charge of the Known World's most powerful armed forces), while other 'ministers', like Oelestre, seems to have remained in office despite a change in Regent. The truth is, we simply do not know how the Regency worked, except that the Regent was elected by the holders of voting scepters.
(numerous projects)

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:23 am

Oh, I just remembered. We I chose 4983 as the year Alexius came to power because he was supposedly Regent of the Known Worlds up until he crowned himself Emperor. However, the Regency is a 10-year post, which would disqualify him from holding the position between 4990-4993. Also, I think the new date brings an interesting context for Alexius' self-appointment to Phoenix Emperor - it had to happen no later than 4993, or else he would lose the Regency seat and whatever powers that comes with it (including the Imp.Eye), making it that much harder to claim the Phoenix Throne. So, we went with the 4983 date instead of the 4980 one, which changes things a bit in regards to Oelestre, although I don't think it is that much of a problem? (In light of Carmetha, who was appointed by Regent Samitra Li Halan, surviving Alexius' ascendency to Regent).
(numerous projects)

10000 Orcs

Postby 10000 Orcs » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:35 am

Full-size preview on drivethrurpg.com for GM Guide not working: I keep getting this error:

"Not Found

The requested URL /pdf_previews/123719-sample.pdf was not found on this server."

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:40 am

Indeed! I wonder why? Will you send DriveThru a note, Colonel Bogie?
(numerous projects)

Return to “Product Discussion”