Fading Suns Player's Guide (Revised Edition)

Discussion on the Fading Suns game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Anunnaki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fading Suns Player's Guide (Revised Edition)

Postby Anunnaki » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:05 am

Thanks Joker. That's a boo-boo... <throws it into the Errata>

Gannok
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Gannok » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:16 pm

Since we're talking about that. I noticed a semi-big deal one, since Shoot and Melee are now being divided. All the cybernetic devices in the back look to have been lifted whole cloth and put into place. The problem I noticed was that all of the weapon ones still have Shoot and Melee listed as their skills and not Slug Guns or Crossbow or whatever. So it seems to be more of a "oops we forgot to change the names" sort of problem, but it should be pointed out. I probably wouldn't have noticed it this quickly if it weren't for the fact that one of my players has an Arm Harpoon.

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:47 pm

Thanks for the heads-up Gannok, I'll get on it. :-(
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Wolfx

Postby Wolfx » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:09 am

Here are a few errors I found so far;

Pg 92; 2nd column; 1st paragraph
The Planetary lever example is below not above.

P95; Taping the Spirit
Might want to list the page reference to Wyrd since it hasn’t been explained yet but id referenced here.

Pg 97; 1st column; example
It reads just like the other rule descriptions as opposed to being an example. Possible move this to the previous page as the rules and before the example.

Pg 97; Defense
As with Wyrd, might want a page reference since it hasn’t been touched on yet as to why the Defense is 0 for being ambushed, but it is referenced as though a player should already know.

Pg 101; 2nd column; 3rd sentence; Radiation Poisoning
add (a) to the following; one cell a time (instead of the time).

Pg; 115; 1st column; 1st sentence; Building Alien Characters
A player (not players) must spend…

Pg 130; Skill Families side bar
Is natural and starting skill the same? If so, then shouldn’t all the natural skills be in italics?

Gannok

Postby Gannok » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:05 pm

It seems to me that most of the errors that are cropping up are just from copying the previous text without updating it. I found several in the Benefice section. Like Imperial Charter and Cohort Badge both saying you needed at least the 3 points in rank before getting this benefice, even though they all start at 4 now. Or how Ordained says it goes from 3-23 right next to the entry. The chart is correct, just a typo in the scale given next to the name. These are all minor typo/proof reading errors.

The one I found that wasn't like that was the Cash Benefice. In the text it says "Characters with no points in Cash start with 100 firebirds to their name" yet in the chart just below that, it says that the 0 level is 250 firebirds.

qaesyan

Postby qaesyan » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:59 pm

Annunaki, you mentioned a possible Deluxe edition. Any guesstimation on how far away something like that might be?

Also, you guys should look into kickstarter imo. Then you can guarantee financial backing for doing something like a Deluxe edition of FS3 with all of the bells and whistles without having to skimp on it. i.e More artwork, full color, gloss stock, leather-bound, etc.

Edit: I'm about to preorder FS3. No hardback makes me sad. :(

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi qaesyan,

Any consideration on a Deluxe Edition would be solely based on whether the game sells sufficiently well or not. However, I did want to note that there is no FS3... :) This is Fading Suns Revised Edition... I know, semantics. ;)

Kind regards, James

qaesyan

Postby qaesyan » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:57 pm

I hope it does well then. I love deluxe editions of games I like. :)

zcthu3

Postby zcthu3 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:00 pm

qaesyan

Postby qaesyan » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:30 pm

That's why Kickstarter works so well for smaller companies. Kickstarter itself is a gauge of interest. You either raise the money to fund the product at a set monetary goal, or you don't. If you reach the goal, obviously interest is there, and the money to back it up. If you don't reach it, oh well.

Also, I like how with Kickstarter, you get to base the goal on how extravagant you want the finished product to be. If a Deluxe copy of FSR with all of the bells and whistles would be X to produce, then you list 1 copy of the book for X + profit margin on KS and see if the project gets funded.

Return to “Product Discussion”