Fading Suns Player's Guide (Revised Edition)

Discussion on the Fading Suns game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Bearman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fading Suns Player's Guide (Revised Edition)

Postby Bearman » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:25 am

Hi,

Just thought I'd bug you with 2 very minor issues as well - seeing as you're collocting the stuff in this thread.

I don't think they've been mentioned here before so here goes:

P. 168 under Physical Science the entry for "Physics" is there twice.
P. 313 under the Gatling Laser entry says that it fires "up to shots" where I guess the number of shots is missing.

Like I said: minor issues but if you're looking into an errata document and/or corrections for the complete pdf I thought you might like to know. Or maybe you've found them already :-)

Cheers!

Anunnaki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:33 am

Thanks Bearman!

azogouhl

Postby azogouhl » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 am

Hi there, azogouhl,
I'll venture a an answer to these as I wrote the stuff chapter.

Kraxi Rapid Strike, knifes, and size: I am not sure about this one (don't have the books with me).

Basket-hilt: The Defense Stat was a late development and constituted a radical change of direction to the rules (i.e. simplification). As such the new Defense thing trumps older rules where such things carry over. (Also, as far as I can remember, there are no such skill rolls as disarm, dodge, or parry anymore, which renders the +2 bonus moot). Furthermore, a basket-hilt can be used with blade and blade-analogue weapons (including flux swords and the like). You can’t use it with an ax or mace for instance, as such weapons work differently. Arguably, you could use a basket-hilt with such things as a tazer, a stun-baton, or any one-handed pointy thing grasped at one end and the reverse end used for stabbing/slicing.

Concussion Grenade: I’m sorry, I do not understand the issue here. Have I missed something? The text is intended to say that a concussion grenade cause KO unless you’re protected by a full-body suit armor (i.e. space suit or similar). If you wear partial armor, the concussion grenade will get you where it hurts, so to speak (i.e. ignoing any armor protection). As for energy shields, they deflect a KO just as any other attack. Please clarify, for I’m too close to the text to see the holes.

Cheaper high-tech on ultrahigh TL worlds: Yes this was intentional, although in hindsight it was perhaps not very well thought through. You are right that this could seriously unbalance the game by allowing people to buy, say, a Ceramsteel Exoframe armor (i.e. power armor) on Criticorum for a mere 500fb (original cost 2000fb). A synthsilk suit would on Criticorum cost 37,5 fb (originally 300), and a Jahnisak 0,40 machinegun 43,75 fb (originally 700fb)… Yes, this is definitely off. Good catch, and you did the right thing - if something looks odd or doesn’t fit your way of doing Fading Suns, then please do change it (and tell us about it). The intention was to make low tech stuff plentiful and cheap on high-tech worlds, but the implications are, as you point out, graver still. That said, I think I remember writing that the GM should take the prices as very loose guidelines and stick to them only if it makes sense – at least I hope I put that in there :p
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

azogouhl

Postby azogouhl » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:16 pm

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:30 pm

(numerous projects)

azogouhl

Postby azogouhl » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:30 pm

(numerous projects)

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:13 pm

I'll take a look at that too. 10d sounds pretty good to me.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Dropped this to 8d since armor does not protect.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Return to “Product Discussion”