Fading Suns Player's Guide (Revised Edition)

Discussion on the Fading Suns game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fading Suns Player's Guide (Revised Edition)

Postby Angelman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:30 am

If it helps, one could describe the "old" Revised edition as a revision of FS2 while FSR is a revision of FS in general, not tied to a specific past edition. With the game having been out of print for a few years, you might call this a re-boot perhaps, or indeed a new edition of the game. :)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

iltharyon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby iltharyon » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:15 am

Am I right in noting that synthsilk is no longer an effective armour for duelling in that it is a Soft class armour and high quality rapiers are Hard class weapons which completely ignore the synthsilk's 4 points of armour?

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:19 am

Synthsilks are no longer an effective armour for duelling against high quality rapiers, yes. Aganst other kinds of dueling blades, and lower quality rapiers, they still work.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Digger

Postby Digger » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:40 pm

Visit the Earthdawn and Fading Suns DeviantArt Groups or just take a look at my images
DramaScape Line Developer

angelicmadrigal

Postby angelicmadrigal » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

zcthu3

Postby zcthu3 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:47 am

I am finding FSR Players Guide a bit of a mixture of feelings at the moment, although generally I am positively inclined. I like most of the changes to the system and personally I like the cover art, particularly with the idea that it matches up with the GMs guide (although I will say it does seem rather "old school"). With regard to the internal layout, and from the pdf only, I agree it is rather cluttered and tightly packed (although I am getting used to it).

I am curious, however, as they have matched covers is there an intention to do a combined Player's Guide and GM's Guide "set" in December? While I bought the pdf from DriveThruRPG as soon as it went up, I would like to get hard copies of both books (although I am in no massive hurry as it'll be a while before I can kick off that campaign - I've already got an agreed schedule of games with my group), particularly if they are going to be available as a set. It wouldn't hurt that I would like to be able to save on shipping to NZ, so if there was an option of getting both books together as a set in December that would be great (hint, hint :P)!

Also, for those who are interested, my wife has started to put together a "prettier" 1-page character sheet - currenly there is no "combat" section on the front page but there is a blank area to write in whatever you want (e.g. combat manoeuvres, psi powers etc.), or use the pages from the official sheet. Currently I only have it as a pdf, but happy to share it with those who pm me.

EDIT: Just worked out how to attach a file - the first draft of my wife's character sheet is attached!
Attachments
Character Sheet - Fading Suns (2).pdf
(640.58 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Last edited by zcthu3 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:13 am

Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

Return to “Product Discussion”