Fading Suns Player's Guide (Revised Edition)

Discussion on the Fading Suns game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Bogie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fading Suns Player's Guide (Revised Edition)

Postby Bogie » Tue May 13, 2014 8:19 am

Yeah, I think that we might have caught a couple of those but it is possible that we are still off a point here and there. I'll go back through and check. Might need to fire up some more errata. :(

-Todd
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Bogie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bogie » Tue May 13, 2014 8:21 am

One thing that I think happened, particularly for the aliens, is that when we were putting the PG together it was hard to balance the points and still have a meaningful stage in the Lifepath so it may be possible that points got shifted /subtracted from other stages without anything being clearly stated.

-Todd
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

ron_post

Postby ron_post » Tue May 13, 2014 3:22 pm

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Tue May 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Thanks for these flags, ron_post; they should be easy to fix when we get around to it. It is annoying how easily things slip through an editor's net (and I sunk quite a few hours into this pdf), especially when you're dealing with repetative text like the Lifepaths. I know I flaged most of the Obun stuff, but something probably got lost in translation along the way :)

As for the Lifepaths being checked, we did sink quite a bit of hours into it, but it never seems to be enough. In all likelihood, I dropped the ball somewhere. There are over-flows from FS3 (as you pointed out with the skill names), and there are the alien balancing issue that the Colonel mentioned. Oh well, we'll do better the next time around :)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Tue May 13, 2014 3:45 pm

Well -- the one advantage to a PDF ... it's easy enough to fix and errata. When I get some time I'll sit down with the aliens and recheck the math on each of them, apply some adjustments, and re-upload the Lifepath PDF.

I know we tried to clean up a few things (mostly editing errors) in the Lifepath PDF but as Angelman says, we will do our best to fix it and improve the process as we go.

Thanks for the info!
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Hail Freedonia!

Gannok

Postby Gannok » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:52 am

Is there a quick guide to the changes made from the previous version to the current version of the players guide?

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:50 am

No, I do not think there is. From the top of my head, here's the most important:

VPs were changed from dice result /3 to dice result /2.
Defense is a new trait that you must beat in an attack to score a hit against a target.
Somewhat different skill list.
Spirit stats changed from opposed stats to 3 ordinary characteristics (Faith, Will, & Presence).

In addition, we made countless rewording/reconceptualizing edits throughout the text, particular with PSI, Theurgy, and martial arts stuff. And there's the loads of additional setting details in the form of greatly expanded stuff chapters (weapons, equipment, starships, etc.), which also carries much fluff and roleplaying suggestions. Priests now have a proper job in the universe, appart from being adventuring spell-casters, in that they now are charged with administering holy sacraments (which are fluff-bits, not magic).

There are probably other things was well that I've forgotten to mention, but these are the major updates to the game that I can remember at the moment.
(numerous projects)

Jcook119

Postby Jcook119 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:47 am

Hi Todd,

For those who purchased the original Revised Players Guide PDF, will it be updated with the changes? I got mine thru DriveThru RPG.

Thanks, James

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:52 am

Yes, if you bought the FSR Player's Guide PDF as it was originally released in 2012 (I think it was), then you should find that updated to the latest version on DriveThru. In 'My Library' there, it says the current version of the pdf file is from 13th of June - that would be the latest update.

Best wishes,
Vidar
(numerous projects)

Gannok

Postby Gannok » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:23 pm

Sorry, I knew most of that.

I'm talking about from the original release of Revised/3rd Ed a couple of years ago, to the update that was released a few months ago. What changes were made there. Was it mostly typos, or was anything else changed?

Return to “Product Discussion”