About a PC generator for the VP system (Fading Suns)

Discussion on the Fading Suns game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Anunnaki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: About a PC generator for the VP system (Fading Suns)

Postby Anunnaki » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:50 am

Anunnaki
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Anunnaki » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:34 am

Nope, sorry. As I think I mentioned a while back, we don't have the rights at the moment to produce or license an official electronic support tool for FS3.

77IM

Postby 77IM » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:14 am

+1 vote for JavaScript and HTML (5?).

Based on the lifepath examples, using lifepaths this seems almost trivially easy. Each step of Lifepath adds some skill and attribute points and some benefits. Should be pretty easy to just sum them up. The extra points at the end that might be tricky. A decent UI for increasing skills and adding benefits could be tricky. But even then you're just summing costs, for the most part, so it should be doable. Prerequisites may also be a problem but probably not too bad in JavaScript, if everything follows a consistent naming scheme etc.

Darthgus if you send me the complete character creation text I'll look into building this. ;}

-- 77IM

phlama

Postby phlama » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Once FS3 is out I would be willing to put in some back end coding time.

Sir Marco

Postby Sir Marco » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:05 am

There there... Darthgus... it's ok... we can't all have PC's.
:lol:

phlama

Postby phlama » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:28 am

If a web interface was used, which seemed to be the way the thread was headed, it would usable regardless of your operating system.

phlama

Postby phlama » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:16 am

Thats a good point. The language does not matter to me too much as long as the development tools are free.

77IM

Postby 77IM » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:24 pm

HTML5+JavaScript is also cross-platform and can be available off line if it's done right.

Excel spreadsheets are mostly cross-platform. Depending on what macros you use it might even work in OpenOffice.

-- 77IM

Return to “Product Discussion”