Ground Forces Sourcebook?

Discussion on the Fading Suns game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Antra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ground Forces Sourcebook?

Postby Antra » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:58 am

I'm sure there is a sourcebook I'm missing, but I cannot find any material detailing vehicles, force compositions, or even general tech levels of ground forces in the Fadings Suns universe.

Can someone point me to the proper material?

Angelman

Re: Ground Forces Sourcebook?

Postby Angelman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:12 am

Nope, such a supplement has never been published. FS belongs (or used to belong) to the WoD era of games which focused little on nitty-gritty details to the advantage of drama. The closest thing there is, would be the Legions of the Empire sourcebook which discuss warfare in the Known Worlds at some length, although it focused on backstory and drama rather than war gear and bits.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Antra

Postby Antra » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:26 am

So nothing to draw vehicle specs from?

I was wondering why I could never find them over the years.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:59 am

There's the odd vehicle scattered throughout FS sources, with Legions of the Empire having more than most. The FSR Players Guide has the biggest collection, although these are generally non-war vehicles and even that list is by no means extensive.

I would love to do old school sourebooks for vehicles, starships, and general stuff at some point, you know, the kind of books that games like Twiligh 2000 and Cyberpunk had. When we get to tackle Noble Armade, I am sure starship sourcebooks will become a requirement. But we're a small team (at the moment), so were not quite there yet :)
(numerous projects)

Antra

Postby Antra » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:13 am

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:26 am

(numerous projects)

Antra

Postby Antra » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 am

As soon as I've compiled them and alpha tested them, I will absolutely post them. I've already got some ideas for force composition and construction theory for the various houses, the Muster, and the Church. As I get more and more worked out I'll post it.

Return to “Product Discussion”