Looking for some planetary maps/stats

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jcook119
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Looking for some planetary maps/stats

Postby Jcook119 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Good afternoon,

I have started working on a spreadsheet to track planet-to-jumpgate travel times for the different star systems. I have gotten most of the info I need from the various fief books solar system maps, but I can't locate the maps for a few planets. Can anyone tell me what books (if any) that the following systems are detailed in? I am looking specifically for the distance in AU between the planets and the jumpgate.

Pentateuch
Grail
Pandemonium
Chernobog
Daishan
Bannockburn
Absolution
Leagueheim
Madoc
Vril-Ya and the other Vau worlds

Thanks,
James

Anunnaki

Re: Looking for some planetary maps/stats

Postby Anunnaki » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi James,

There's a spread of worlds over various sourcebooks. The following should cover most of what you are looking for:

Star Crusade
Star Crusade 2: Lost Worlds
Weird Places
GMs Screen & Complete Pandemonium

Hope this helps!

Kind regards, James

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:25 am

I don't have the books in front of me but there is a Leagueheim article in... Merchants of the Jumpweb I think. Hopefully that has the system info on Leagueheim. The other League worlds I believe haven't been covered yet. Possibly Bannockburn is statted in Weird Places, but I doubt it.

Chernobog, Daishan, and Absolution might be covered by War in the Heavens 1: Lifeweb. Likewise, the Vau world smight be statted in WitH2:Hegemony.

Grail has never been officially stattet, I believe. Which is something we shall have to remedy.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Jcook119

Postby Jcook119 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:12 pm

I found the system map for Pandemonium in "Complete Pandemonium". I have checked all of the other sourcebooks listed, and while they do have sections about these systems, they do not have system maps or distances given. I am surprised that Grail, Pentateuch, Obun and Ukar are not statted this way, since they are right in the middle of the Known jumpweb. Not so surprised about the outlying worlds. I will make up something for the other worlds. If anyone is interested in my spreadsheet I can post it somewhere. It simply shows the number of days needed to go from the main planet to the gate in each covered system, based on the % lightspeed AU values given in the FSR Players Guide.

Thanks,
James

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:14 pm

Ah, I see that many FS1 sources settled for listing the order of the planets in a star system. Well, FSR will remedy the problem when we get to it.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Return to “For Game Masters”