Questing Knight Chapter Houses

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sir Marco
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Questing Knight Chapter Houses

Postby Sir Marco » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:25 am

So in my game. Each planet has a Questing Knight Chapter house. Each chapter house has a Knight assigned to it. In a way the house and the land it is on is the particular knights domain.

They are usually older and have limitations that make questing problematic. They serve the Emperor by keeping the house stocked, acting as a liaison in the Questing Knight infrastructure and assisting knights with their knowledge of the locals.

They usually have an "Office" in the Imperial Embassy in planet and work closely with the Imperial Eye.

I tend to use real actors for my games. Just so people have a face and voice. Dudley Moore is the Majordomo of the Questing Knight chapter house on Criticorum. :)

How do you run chapter houses in your games?

Danos

Re: Questing Knight Chapter Houses

Postby Danos » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:08 pm

I haven't used Chapter Houses for the Questing Knights, though I do use them extensively for the Brothers Battle. For the Questing Knights I usually give them an Imperial Liason (a non-questing Questing Knight as you describe) with an office in the local imperial embassy, a Reeve on staff, and employees who are more or less openly working for the Imperial Eye. So in my campaign, Sir Dudley Bracingmoor Hawkwood would have an office in the Imperial Building in Acheon, and would be the contact person for Questing Knights complaining about local taxes not be exempted for them, arrests that have to go to the QK tribunal, and so forth. Sir Dudley handles the hiring of Reeves, filing official complaints, forwarding summons to Byzantium to the group, taking reports to forward to Byzantium for the group, and all the administrative tasks that need a member of the Order and can't be trusted to regular Imperial staffers. This person tends to either be subordinate to or feuding with the Imperial legate and/or the local Imperial Eye supervisor. I kinda like the idea of setting up chapter houses, I might implement that.

Angelman

Re: Questing Knight Chapter Houses

Postby Angelman » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:29 pm

I haven't defined things as much in my game yet, but I like both these ideas. :)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Return to “For Game Masters”