Retinue

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PrinceEarwig
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Retinue

Postby PrinceEarwig » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:43 am

Specifically the benefice "Retinue".
As far as I can see, in no version of the game, have any guidelines been provided for what constitutes a "combat capable" retinue.
Does anyone have any house rules they use that work?

Gannok

Re: Retinue

Postby Gannok » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:41 am

What I usually do is create an NPC with a lot less points than a PC. For a combat character, I usually concentrate on skills that help him with that job. So if he is a bodyguard, more perception, observe, and maybe a good combat skill or two. If he's a soldier, more phys traits in general, vigor, maybe a little more combat skill. If I had to give a rule of thumb, I'd say make a character with about half the points of a PC, and probably ignore the benefices part.

I also use a rule that a friend of mine used. He allowed NPC of this sort to be upgraded over time to make them more useful. He essential had two stats that he worked with: loyal and competent. Obvious the more loyal he was, the less he could do. The more he could do, the less loyal he was. He gave you the option of spending XP on upgrading these two stats, and you could choose which category to upgrade. So over time you could have a very loyal ninja working for you.

Calvin

Re: Retinue

Postby Calvin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:31 am

Just that the bloke has a focus on combat skills? Not necessarily of a higher total points value.

Return to “For Game Masters”