Fading Suns Quiz

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Tadeus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fading Suns Quiz

Postby Tadeus » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:58 pm

This game has the best described and most colorful setting I've ever experienced in my gaming career. There are lots of supplements which describe the world in great detail. Huge amounts of knowledge and lore a GM needs to master in order to show the whole beauty of the setting :). Let's test our memory and learn something in the process! Maybe this way we will come back to some fun parts of the Known Worlds, we have forgot about.

The rules:
1. The first person asks a question.
2. Whoever answers first, gets a point and needs to ask the next question.
3. Each month the points will be counted up and the winner of the month will be revealed.
4. Should there be no correct answer for 3 days the asker is allowed to help with some additional information.
5. Should there be no question after a correct answer for 3 days the turn ends without any points and whoever comes firs can ask the next question.

Each time someone answers a question they list the following standard things:

"ANSWER: [text]

NEW QUESTION: [text]

SCORE SO FAR:
[Names with points tallied]
[Own name]+1"

Please also remember that there are searchable PDFs out there, so don't ask questions which can be answered in 15 seconds by finding a specific word in the book. Try to describe things instead of using their names.

FIRST QUESTION
- There is a place in space where starships sometimes get attacked by mysterious beings made of fire. What is the name of those beings and where can they be found?
Last edited by Tadeus on Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tadeus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fading Suns Quiz

Postby Tadeus » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:34 pm

That was fast! :)

You are a correct and get the first point!Now it's your turn to ask a question.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:44 am

The Dynasty of Seven Demons begins with Prince Tupal Li Halan (in 4023) and ends with Princess Desiderdre (in 4337). Another interesting "Demon Prince" was Ustirin the Unspeakable.

Question: Which world was at one point known as "New Mecca"?
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Sir Marco

Postby Sir Marco » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:43 am

Answer: Windsor, Hapsburg, and Mountbatten.

Question: What house converted in the Miracle of the Bullets?.

Tadeus

Postby Tadeus » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:38 pm

Khemta on Malignatius,
Shurgar Station on Stigmata,
Rio de Janeiro on Holy Terra,
Yintrai on Criticorum and
Lowell on Draxus.

Oh my... they were all listed in one place. But that's something I've found out after wasting about an hour gathering them one by one from different supplements! :D

Tadeus

Postby Tadeus » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:30 pm

The Cities of Refuge are places where criminals can flee to. They cannot be harmed or punished for their crimes as long as they stay in the city. It's kind of funny to see that one of them is the capital of the Universal Church! :D The info comes from the Merchant supplement but some of the cities were also mentioned in the Worlds of the Realm supplement (or the fief books).

QUESTON: There is a place in the Known Worlds where something very evil and very big slumbers under many layers of ice. Some say they can hear it talking to them in their dreams. Where can it be found? And what was the old name of this place?

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:09 pm

(numerous projects)

Tadeus

Postby Tadeus » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:22 pm

Was my answer not correct?

Ok. so I don't get the point and we wait for the correct answer to you question.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:33 pm

I know you forbade me to play, Darthgus, but seeing as you've answered several questions yourself, I'll venture a game ;)

It was in Bannockburn space and the livry of House Masseri. Oh, and you're talking about the Beliah Black of course :twisted:

Question: Where did humanity first encounter another sentient species? And, by which group/family/business/nation/consortium/faction/whatnot was this accomplished?
(numerous projects)

azogouhl

Postby azogouhl » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:46 am

That is an interesting oversight Grummore. I had a quick spill over the books today trying to find anything more solid on it. Other than the date for the discovery of the Shantor in the Core Books timeline being listed as 2700, everything seems to stick.

It could be argued on a technicality, that the The Nasrids of House Gloucester were the first to discover sentient non-human life in 2682 (direct contact in 2698) by running across the Hironem.

Return to “For Game Masters”