Fading Suns Quiz

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Amlost
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fading Suns Quiz

Postby Amlost » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:29 pm

QUESTION: Who is the patron Saint of Nowhere?

Amlost
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Amlost » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:35 am

Not the answer I was expecting... What's the source??

jhwisner

Postby jhwisner » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:30 pm

I'll go with the obvious joke answer - Nobody, Nowhere, No Time, No Way, No How.

But Saint Claudius (a page of Saint Lexitus) is considered the guardian of the world (see Nowhere entry from Imperial Worlds section of Imperial Survey.) This is why the planetary cathedral is "St. Claudius Cathedral."

Amlost

Postby Amlost » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:38 pm

Saint Claudius; is the answer I was looking for.

Paulus is mentioned as having died on Nowhere that much I remember (at least in the "Gardens of Nowhere" however given that the world was named San Paulo until after the Fall how much of that could be mis attributable to poetic interpretation; I'm skeptical); however I don't have Priests and Saints handy to check. Just have my notes...

The Quiz score for April is:
Amlost 3
Angelman: +1
Danos 1
Darthgus 1
Jaxa 1
jhwisner 1

jhwisner - Your Question.

jhwisner

Postby jhwisner » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:44 pm

In what specific Fading Suns book can one see a drawing of the exterior of a Vau ship?

I have all of them and as far as I can tell there is only one and only one other place to find a a decent rendering of a Vau ship (don't know if we do bonus points, but you'll have my respect if you can guess what that one is too.) This might seem like an easy one, but when I ran a campaign last it took me about 3 hours to find.

Edit:
Boring question maybe - but I thought it was interesting because although all my player characters and the others who have GM'd fading suns games for/with me had a pretty consistent and detailed image of what these ships in their heads. We all thought we had seen several images of these ships and it turned out only one of us ever had; I guess the descriptions of them is just that striking.

Hint: It's not the War in the Heavens: Hegemony (no pictures of Vau ships there.) After looking through my books again, I'm fairly confident that there is only one such picture too.

Answer: The only Fading Suns RPG book/supplement that contains a picture of a full Vau ship exterior is the 1st Edition core rule book. It was left out of the 2nd edition printing and no such images appear in the entirety of War in the Heavens: Hegemony despite the subject matter. The other place where official/semi-official artwork depicting Vau ships is in the Emperor of the Fading Suns 4x strategy game on the computer. Kind of suprising considering how impressive and striking the ship designs are and how much is made of them being impressive looking in the text that describes them.

Sorry though, I suppose that was kind of a boring question. Whose question is it now?

Holz

Postby Holz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:46 pm

In which planet is a Gargoyle, that when you stare at it it gives you Sathra "feelings"?
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:22 pm

I can't find this in canon, but then again I haven't looked closely. The text calls the gargoyle "The Colossus of Rimpoche". The planet got it name from Deigo Estrel, the Charioteer pilot who rediscovered Cueball (as the planet used to be called). He named the planet Rimpoche because "that's what the Gargoyle calls it." I can't seem to find a reference to the Gargoyle being called Rimpoche as well.
(numerous projects)

Sir Marco

Postby Sir Marco » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:05 am

Apologizing before hand... cuz I have to.

Ahem.. RIGHT then! Only one way to solve this. Pens at dawn on the moors! You will both need seconds. No shields.. That is the cowards way.

-Sir Marco

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:46 am

LOL! I can has eraser instead of shield? Yes? :p
(numerous projects)

Return to “For Game Masters”