Campaign idea

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sir Marco
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Campaign idea

Postby Sir Marco » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:21 pm

None of my players ply this trade route so I can speak freely.. I think.

Has anyone else considered using the Game of Thrones setting as a backdrop for a planets power struggle?

My thought was to have it happen on a lost world.. and that the players could have a hand at backing a house and thus securing an allegiance.
Last edited by Sir Marco on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eberg

Re: Camaign idea

Postby eberg » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:25 pm

It would be neat to play that out for a while (six months or so) and then have the planet re-discovered and see how the warring factions react to a common threat in the form of an Imperial House trying to lay claim to the planet.

Aurin

Re: Campaign idea

Postby Aurin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Not to hijack - but the Game of Thrones RPG has two published adventures that are both very good. I converted the first one, "Wedding Knight," into the introductory adventure I used for my current campaign. The second one is also a very good aventure, but it's pretty long and I wanted to move into the Ruinous Folly / A Road So Dark path.

Calvin

Postby Calvin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:12 am

I believe that scope could work well. Fading Suns systems have the kind of depth to allow campaigns set entirely inside those confines. A campaign where the players are some sort of local power is always neat in any kind of setting or PC background.

What kind of local power players would the players be? Nobles is the usual standard here.

Sir Marco

Postby Sir Marco » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:16 am

If I use the current cast they would be "visiting" nobles.

That would be interesting though. Having the world be a lost world. Making characters with no tech skills.. Basically running a fantasy game then drop a ship on them.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:46 am

Not directly relevant to the current discussion, but I was once inspired to spend a day trying to convert the rules for the Game of Thrones boardgame to the FS setting. Of ocurse nothing came of, but I think it would have been a good cross-over.

Anyway, a high-intrigue drama or epic with a complex plot like GoT would be very cool for FS :)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

blut_und_glas

Postby blut_und_glas » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Renko... you clown.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:35 pm

The GoT rules are very specific for the board, and changing one thing unbalances everything else. I couldn't get the rules to work at a basic level with the FS map of the known worlds. That said, I didn't to THAT much work on it, so please go ahead and make it happen ;)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Calvin

Postby Calvin » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:52 pm

It would be interesting to have some light boardgame rules to represent the affairs of a fief on regional, continental or planetary level. Game of Thrones is a neat boardgame, but a bit too complex to be weaved into a campaign.

Sir Marco

Postby Sir Marco » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:43 am

You could use a hex based map, then have counters for various military groups, other conflicts. Perhaps counters for surplus and depleted resources.

Return to “For Game Masters”