Fighting style training

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Grummore
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fighting style training

Postby Grummore » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:41 pm

Quiet here! Geez!

How long can it takes to be proficient in a fighting style?

One of my PCs wishes to train for "Phoenix Rifle Corp" and can pay the XPs for, but doesn't appear like that. How long and where to train such Fighting style?

thanks!

Holz

Re: Fighting style training

Postby Holz » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:03 pm

I would give at least a couple of months if he trains everyday!

Maybe you could do a progression. After some some he gets half the ability, then after some time (and some successful attacks) he improves. Making is more organic.
What you think?

Yes... been WAY to queit... =/
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Leviathan of Maddoc

Re: Fighting style training

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:50 pm

Most fighting enthusiasts apply themselves to a martial art for about 2 years before moving on to another style. That's 2 years of regular work in a Dojo with a qualified instructor. That doesn't necessarily fit in so well for a game. I would allow a player to learn a martial arts if they were travelling for a few months with someone trained in the art who would serve as their instructor. Unless a game involves long periods of downtime I wouldn't allow a character to develop a martial art without instruction.

Return to “For Game Masters”