One-shot dramas?

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mechphisto
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

One-shot dramas?

Postby Mechphisto » Thu May 12, 2016 6:00 pm

I'm looking for any decent pre-made one-shot dramas that are good for running in a 4-hour convention slot. Basic, good for new players. Maybe pre-generated characters!

I see a thread on here: "Starting Adventures" (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1749) which has some great hooks! But I'm running something this weekend and could use something a bit set up already with background, NPCs, etc. And, preferably, some pre-gen characters. :)

Anyone happen to have any links or ideas?

Thanks!

Holz

Re: One-shot dramas?

Postby Holz » Thu May 12, 2016 10:24 pm

I do play alot in conventions with people that don't know the setting and game.

I can say that three stories from the FSR books are good.
The Pandemonium adventure Everlight and The Thorn Manor are great for beginners on RPG and Fading Suns.
Outside from Pandemonium, the Dark Liner is perfect, since it has many common elements from FS!]

my 2 cents!
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Fri May 13, 2016 3:42 pm

Fading Suns can be very hard to get a grip on if you haven't read the books. You might think about a high-concept adventure like a Murder mystery or a quest for the thing, so that if players are unsure how the world works at least their familiar with how the story should play through. Steer away from the politics and theology and law of the world.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Fri May 13, 2016 4:05 pm

Thomas and I tried hard to make Criticorum Discord a suitable gate drug for Fading Suns, claiming a corner of the setting and running with it (or rather two corners, Criticorum & Aliens). I would love to see some more feedback on this little campaign, and how it works as an introduction to the game :)

http://www.fasagames.com/shop/index.php ... cts_id=903
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Return to “For Game Masters”