jumpgate map question

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

jumpgate map question

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:04 am

The FSR Jumpgate map seems to have a different notation for the jump route (and gate) between Tethys and Holy Terra (yellow gate and red route - but I'm colour blind so that's a guess...) and it appears to be the only route documented as such on teh map.

Is there any reason or is this an error?
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman

Re: jumpgate map question

Postby Angelman » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:15 pm

It's a known but closed off jumpgate. Unfortunately, I can no longer remember what the deal is I guess that this jumproute is mentioned in canon somewhere, but that it was closes/collapsed early in the New Dark Age. There are other such closed jumproutes too, but mostly from Known Worlds to Lost Worlds I think. That said, this alteration to the FS2 map was something we did for FS3, and it was probably more relevant to FS3 than it is to FSR - now it is basicly just an interesting visual fluff tidbit.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Danos

Postby Danos » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:47 pm

There are a number of known night roads that the coordinates are lost for, scattered through the canon material. Holy Terra-Tethys, Aylon-Cadavus, and Sutek-Khayyam are the ones that I remember off the top of my head. There are probably more. These are routes that were used historically and have since been lost. The Aylon-Cadavus route was lost when an al-Malik admiral tried some trick with the jumpgate during a war between the al-Malik and the Decados. The Holy Terra-Tethys route just quit working. I think the Sutek-Khayyam route might work, but when the locals sealed the Khayyam jumpgate the keys were all lost and no one knows the coordinates to make more. So the few pilots with keys are very quiet, because they can smuggle with the Kurgans bypassing Vera Cruz and Hira.

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:17 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to “For Game Masters”