An Ukari with no name.

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Leviathan of Maddoc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

An Ukari with no name.

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Recently in another forum we got on the topic of Ukar without scars.
As Game Masters, what circumstances might lead to an Ukar growing into adulthood without their markings?
How would Ukar react to a blank brethren? Would they hate them? Pity them? Would the acknowledge their existence at all.
Do you think that the Ukar have a high-tech method of punishing Ukari by removing their deeds from their skin? For instance if an Ukar bears accomplishments that are a lie would they be erased from their skin?
Would humans treat them any better?

I think Ukar wouldn't offer an unmarked Ukari any acknowledgement. The Ukari idea of identity is so tied to markings that they would essentially be invisible. Calling attention to an unmarked Ukari would only hurt the honor of a legitimate Ukari. They would be acknowledged only as animals.

Angelman

Re: An Ukari with no name.

Postby Angelman » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:21 pm

While I’m in danger of becoming overly political here, aren’t you reducing an entire species into a noun here? (Albite a fictitious species). I mean, how some Ukari react to a non-marked specimen might differ radically to how others would view the same fellow. Many conscious traditionalists would probably ignore, dislike, or even hate an un-marked Ukari, while more liberal/pro-human ones might ignore, tolerate, or even prefer dealing with an un-marked Ur Ukar. And then there is everything inbetween – In my book, it all depends on stuff. Many in-between-the-extremes Ur Ukar might file an un-marked Ukari simply as “human”. :)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Holz

Postby Holz » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:18 am

Don't forget that some of the farthest Ukrai colonies from Kordeth, many traditions are now followed in the same way, as tattoo instead scars in some places.

They might look like and albino Obun. =P
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:42 am

I had an inspiration! ;-)

I want to run
I want to hide
I want to mask out the facts
Of no scars from outside
I want to reach out
Not touch the flame
Where Ukari have no name

I want to feel, starlight on my face
Hoping that shame cloud disappear without a trace
I want to take shelter from the poison rain

Where Ukari have no name

Where Ukari have no name
Where Ukari have no name

I'm still hunted
Then burning down home, burning down home
And when I go there
Hide there with you
(It's all I can do)

The cities of blood
And our places turns to dust
We're beaten and blown by the wind
Burned in pain

Been shown a place
High in the holy flame

Where Ukari have no name
Where Ukari have no name
Where Ukari have no name

Still hunted
Then burning down home
Burning down home

And when I go there
Hide there with you
(It's all I can do)

Oh, when Avestite
Pour fire 'til to dust
We're being blown by the wind
Blown by the wind

When Avestite
Pour fire 'til to dust
We're being blown by the wind
Blown by the wind.
And when I go there
Hide there with you,
It's all I can do.

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:05 pm

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:26 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to “For Game Masters”