Fan Websites

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Danos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fan Websites

Postby Danos » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:33 pm

I have an entire binder of NPCs. Sadly, they are from the last edition. I have just been faking it, mostly. An awful lot of my NPCs have personality notes, a goal number for their specialty, and a goal number for their fighting. I haven't been bothering with full skill lists, lately. I just note which life paths they use, and if the skill is on their life path, it gets to roll at their specialty or at the specialty -4. This has been working for me.

Grummore
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Grummore » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:19 pm

Simple and effective for most ordinary encounters.

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:21 am

I started on my personal google drive a shared drive for Fading Suns third party material.

It's here and everyone with this link can read/write: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_uI6 ... Ho2c1d0YnM

If someone see something that shouldn't be there (like right infringement), please remove or specify.

I already put things there. Need comments on everything and on the organisation.

Thanks.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:49 am

Very nice initiative there, Grummore. Thanks for helping spread the love :D
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:03 pm

If we eventually find a better we to share everything, we shall move there. At least, I will share everything I have scavenge over the net all these years.

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:00 pm

If you're thinking about having people submit NPCs I'd consider having a template for them to use to help you keep the look of the characters the same.

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:03 pm

Good thought.

Btw, I have put many things there. Tell me what you think.

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:00 pm

Did a NPC template on GoogleForm under /Setting/NPC of the Fading Suns drive. The Excel file is there too.

In case you create NPCs you would like to share with everyone.

As always, comments are appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GoeEp ... 8IFANoL4CY
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_uI6 ... mlUYUUtalk

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:55 pm

I think you're doing a good job with the fan material stuff, Grummore. I see you've even uploaded our sample adventures pdf! Great stuff :D

I championed a few other fan material threads in 2014-2015, and I'd love to see you puting those into pdfs for publish on your resource thing.
Sample Game Master Characters: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1373
Sample Fiefs: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1294

I also started a sample cadre concept thread at one point, but can neither find it nor remember if it contained any interesting information (for all I know it was just me ranting about stuff).

Best of luck with your thing! :D
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Well thank you!

Although, I am sure you have numerous hidden things of interest somewhere on your computer. You are welcome to add them! :-)

Return to “For Game Masters”