Empress of the Known Worlds

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Leviathan of Maddoc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Empress of the Known Worlds

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:28 pm

I was watching House of Cards last night and they had a presidential candidate who had had a chance meeting with domestic terrorist being interrogated by the Department of Justice. So it was at a very discrete polite and private hearing with a camera filming her and the DOJ just asked her to state for the record each item of her statement that conflicted with what she suspected she did, then calmly asked her to repeat the statement for the camera. They weren't sarcastic or mocking, they were cold and matter of fact and radiated unified authority. You could watch her being crushed by her own guilt and fear with each question, not knowing what they do or don't know, until she finally snapped and accused them of knowing that she met with him.

That's why I think groups like the Jakovian Agency terrifies people.

Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bertjammin » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:22 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Newmarduk

Postby Newmarduk » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:01 pm

The idea of Alexius Hawkwood marrying Salandra Decados is VERY unusual, given that Hawkwood and Decados nobles are traditionally from rival houses.

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:30 pm

They are a canon celebrity couple. Or at least people think that Salandra being seen in his company means that they're a couple. The more I thought about Salandra and Alexius, the more it made perfect sense to me. It's such an outrageous power grab and you need to manage rumor and fact very carefully to make it work. Salandra seems like the natural choice whether she feels genuine affection for Alexius or not.

On a side note we're having a ball playing with Evil Alexius. The game is set in impoverished post-war Cadiz, lots of lesser nobles who know nothing about what the house is doing but knowing that their wealth was depleted and their kinsmen killed because of insert-anti-Hawkwood-propaganda. So the game is full of paranoid political sharks and any time there's discussion about new imperial laws or infrastructure there is a conspiracy theory about how it undermines Decados authority as part of Alexius's demented revenge plot. One of the players met a Decados knight he used to idolize in the tourneys wearing his brand new Questing Knight livery and he was worried about being seen in public with that guy.

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:20 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Danos

Postby Danos » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:17 pm

Return to “For Game Masters”