Galliots?

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hygric
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Galliots?

Postby Hygric » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:30 am

Afternoon all,

Quick question, the Galliot starship hull is meant to be a close in boarding ship with lots of marines on board as far as I can tell. However for the life of me I can't find any indication of how many marines might be carried on one of these hulls as listed in the hull chart in the players guide (page 379). Anyone have any idea? Are their any sample galliot designs in older edition sourcebooks to go from?

My best guess as these things are slightly larger than a frigate but with 10 less weapon hard points is that it may have maybe about 15 HP worth of extra troops on board as a baseline. Using the 1HP = 10 tons of cargo = 1 stateroom formula, that could be about 30 marines, possibly up to 75 for a short trip.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Why I ask is that the campaign that I am running is getting to the point that the heroes are going to be violently retaking the orbital station that is their rightful fief, except that the younger brother usurped his older brother (murdering parents and framing the older brother in the process of course). I've been looking at transport options for this endeavour and a Galliot may fit the bill.

Thanks in advance for any and or all help!

Bertjammin

Re: Galliots?

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:30 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Holz

Postby Holz » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:09 pm

My guess an Assault Lander might hold more troops for an invasion.

Tough I believe the Galliots are an intermediate kind of ship. Tougher than frigates, tough fast and with more weapons.

Of course, you can make any ship a troop transport with grappling hooks, blow torches and brave (insane) men to jump at the enemies.
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:49 pm

From Noble Armada they generally have about 20 marines.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Return to “For Game Masters”