Cohort Badge

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Grummore
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cohort Badge

Postby Grummore » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi there!

Let's say an Imperial Knight, one of his cohort or the entire Knight party die (the latter been the most plausible scenario for this question to work... I think).

Could it be possible that a Cohort Badge falling in the hands of "bob the worker" be used by this false Cohort for it's privilege until the fraud is reported (meaning that is there some ADN or beacon or whatever ID on this badge)?

Or more, if the crime is never reported, bodies disappear and nobody report these exploring knight and cohorts, could this badged used for a longer period of time?

Angelman

Re: Cohort Badge

Postby Angelman » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:21 pm

I can't recall any beacon or gene code or similar assosiated with Cohort Badges, although a QK would need to be in regular contact with superiors and the Imperial administration, so it is unlikely that a high profil scam could go on for long without being noticed. I am sure a false lawman could use the 'interstellar sheriff's badge' to dupe serfs and the odd provincial bigshot every now and again, but if a QK disappears or rumors of a QK using his/her authorities in strange jurisdictions, the Imperial bureaucracy is likely to catch on sooner or later.

Well, that's my two talons anyway, although if your game benefits from a high tech gene-coded badge, or a badge that can be abused with world-shattering effect, then go for it! :)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:58 am

I'd say that more than just peasants could be fooled. Questing Knights are like Pop Stars. Even if you're a seriously avid fan of a Pop star what are the chances you know who their accountant or bodyguard is? If you're an imperial official or Imperial Eye operative or a Noble who does extensive dealings with imperial government you might know enough about the Questing Knights to know the names and faces of cohorts and you'd likely be able to sniff out a phony based on their etiquette but otherwise I doubt anyone would know.

That said Cohorts have virtually no power in the absence of their Questing Knight and it's a bit harder to impersonate a celebrity than one of their entourage.

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:29 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Holz

Postby Holz » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:58 pm

The badge of power... just like cops. But it only works on crooks! =P

Never, ever had a Imperial Knight on my tables nor Cohorts... all too busy being Murder Hobos.
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:10 am

Last edited by Bertjammin on Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Holz

Postby Holz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:06 pm

I bursted into laughter when I read Bert!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You got the idea!
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:33 am

I didn't mean to imply powerless cohorts. If nothing else there is great power in just being someone standing in your office that you cannot make disappear without consequences. I just meant that when a Questing Knight kicks the door of a Reeve Bank president's offices they're duly empowered to say "You can write that off as a tax deduction..." and just start going through the filing cabinets, cohorts, slightly less so.

Return to “For Game Masters”