Imagine a world without Motorcycles

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Leviathan of Maddoc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Imagine a world without Motorcycles

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:58 am

Do you believe that the stigma against technology perhaps make bicycles less popular? There's a lot of doing it the hard way because it's good for the soul in Fading Suns. Would devout Celestial Sun worshippers ride even a simple mechanical piece of technology if they could reasonably walk to where they're going?

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Angelman » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Madmage

Postby Madmage » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:04 am

It just so happens in our own home campaign we are on a lost world affected by a large EMP field except for the capital city (which lies in a valley) and the air space above it. A group of Questing Knights are lost in the uncharted wilderness and we are contemplating searching for them. One of the options we considered was actually scrounging for dirt bikes.

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Let me ask this then.

Is there a theoretical form of transportation that would be more suitable to the fading suns world? With crumbling infrastructure I don't know that a lot of the cities in the known worlds would be good for the bicycles we use today. What would the Fading Suns equivalent of a bicycle look like? Lower gear sets for difficult terrain? Larger fatter tires for broken roads? Trikes for stability or hauling small carts? Are there some planets like Pyre that will never be able to be bicycle worlds?

Holz

Postby Holz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:13 pm

I like the idea of trikes with large tires pulling carts. :D

But my guess the bicycles would be made out of iron (very heavy) or maybe wood, if not a blend of both.
Guess more or less the terrain could inflict on the type and shape of the bike. Dirt and asphalt roads would be ok for two wheels, grass and rough terrain trikes or more resistant bicycles.

Maybe for Pyre a fat and flat tires (it improves the grip on the sand) will do. But the guy must have AWESOME legwork for that!

I am not a bicycle expert... yet that what I think!
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Return to “For Game Masters”