The Sathra Effect mechanics

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tupteq
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

The Sathra Effect mechanics

Postby Tupteq » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:00 pm

I found some notes about Sathra Effect in The Dark Between The Stars (p. 39). Mechanically it's a roll of Calm+Drive (-6 for all except of pilot), but how to adapt it to FSR? There's no Calm anymore.

Also - don't you think using Drive (Spacecraft Control) skill seems to be odd for me. Especially if rolled by passengers.

Angelman

Re: The Sathra Effect mechanics

Postby Angelman » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:16 pm

We'll update those rules when we get to it, but for now I would use Will+Self Control or something :)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Calm+Drive.. that does seem like a weird choice.

I might actually go with Faith + Self Control. Those with strong faith may more easily resist the call to Sathraism. I suppose that might open us a bit to discuss what Faith actually defines in the game but it feels right to me. :)
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Good point, if the object is to resist Sathraism, but Faith+Self Control to use the Sathraist powers? hm... I guess that could work, and it opens an interesting ontological question regarding what faith is in FS :D
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Return to “For Game Masters”