Jumpgate everyday use

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Bogie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Jumpgate everyday use

Postby Bogie » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:19 pm

Possibly one of my biggest regrets (other than a few other things) is that sentence recommending that a group not start with a ship. If I could go back in time I would add in a section instead on "How to start your cadre with a ship"
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Holz

Postby Holz » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:20 pm

I believe it depends a lot on what the GM and group want.
Yet, you can explore the stars, seek all the mysteries on "the darkness between the stars".
They make an entire campaign at the one planet, even a continent.

But the players may explore and find incredible things on just one place. Hence, remembering them, that though having a ship is cool (ok, awesome :lol: ), but you can have fun on the backyard of the fief.
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Holz

Postby Holz » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:23 pm

Btw Bogie, you can always post on "Where shadows lie" the idea of the group having a ship!
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Bogie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bogie » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:41 pm

Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:34 am

Until I had read that PCs shouldn't begin play with a ship, I would never have conceived of a non-planet-hopping game. Some of the most rewarding games of Fading Suns I've run have never set foot on a starship or at best treated ship travel as a rare and strange event. I think that Star Warsing Fading Suns is a mistake for its genre. Even for some Charioteers Starships should feel peculiar and unnerving like an unsettling journey through an haunted forrest between towns in a fantasy setting. It should be something PCs endure as part of their harrowing adventures.

Return to “For Game Masters”