Bannockburn

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bannockburn

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:13 am

I'm inspired to write some "stuff" about the League World of Bannockburn but I want to ensure I don't go against any previous material....the question is "what is there?".

I'm know that there's a few paragraphs in the FSR GMG and the 2nd ed Players Companion has a bit in the Gannock section but is anyone aware of any other sources?
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Bannockburn

Postby Angelman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:29 am

There's some mentionings throughout, but nothing much. Merchants of the Jumpweb discusses Bannockburn a little bit in relations to the Musters Guild. One of the chapters in Weird Places discusses a location on Bannockburn, "The Symbiot Isle". And there is also a mentioning of Banockburn in Hawkwood sources somewhere (LotKW? Imp.Survey?), which discusses how House Hawkwood runs a customs stop in the Bannockburn system for all ships destined for Hawkwood Space coming out of Stgmata.

There might be other sources as well...
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:43 am

Great - that'll keep me busy for a while.. (goes off to dig out his copy of Weird Places)
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Holz

Postby Holz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:06 pm

If I may suggest, make it "Scottish".
I believe it has great plains (low land) and areas full of hills and mountains (high lands).

Maybe some Rob Roy adventures. =P
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:18 pm

With a name like Bannockburn one pretty much HAVE to make it Scottish ;)
Roy Roy is over three centuries after the Battle of Bannockburn, but he'd make a great FS character for sure :D
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:00 am

Oh yes, the writing will also involve drinking suitable quantities of whiskey.

Just for authentic inspiration obviously ;)

I need to justify the Gannock with windswept moors and scottish aesthetic in my head.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:21 am

Heh heh, nice image.
As for whiskey, I think there are some reports of Bannockburn whiskey distileries in canon. That's certainly something you could explore :)

Say, what kind of piece are you thinking of writing, Bertjammin?
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:36 pm

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:11 pm

Very intriguing stuff :)
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:12 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Return to “For Game Masters”