Combat Spreadsheet

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Monduex
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Combat Spreadsheet

Postby Monduex » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:49 am

Soooo...I made an excel spreadsheet to do combat rolls and I was hoping to get feedback and share it for anyone who might find it useful. I'm planning on adding in modifications for stuff like plasma damage, but for the moment it just handles basic combat rolls. Let me know what you think and how I might improve or fix things I did based on any faulty understanding of the rules.

Cheers!
Attachments
CombatDiceRoller.xlsx
(20.29 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
Last edited by Monduex on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Holz

Re: Combat Spreadsheet

Postby Holz » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:15 pm

Seems like a good sheet.
If I may make a couple suggestions, make a color remainder, stating what each color means, like Orange "Input number", white "don't touch", etc.
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Monduex
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Monduex » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:57 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. Added an Excel comment explaining colours and uploaded the revision!

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:35 am

Unfortunately, I'm too dumb to know how to read these... I need to take a step into the 21st century of gaming ;)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Monduex

Postby Monduex » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:05 pm

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:50 pm

I like what you've done but (perhaps it's the way our group play) I'd question it's usefulness in play - simply because rolling the dice and working stuff out at the time still seems quicker.

Having to type in a negative defence modifier each time a person is a attacked, changing the goal number frequently (if they swap weapons, use circumstantial modifier (i.e. darkness), take critical damage, do a special move (autofire) etc), a lack of Fighting Technique Stances, and the lack of the ability to record multiple opponents - it just seems like pen, paper & dice are still easier.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Monduex

Postby Monduex » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:45 pm

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:33 pm

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Holz

Postby Holz » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:51 pm

You could use the sheet for speeding or checking the combat results.
Or use it in online play!

Since I work with spread sheets, I know the "logic" behind it. :ugeek:
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:41 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Return to “For Game Masters”