Drama Seeds

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Holz

Re: Drama Seeds

Postby Holz » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Thank you Angleman! :oops:

I'll try and think for more drama pieces.
Let's enrich the FS Universe!!!

Btw, 67P sounds are really good for a mood on the space adventures.
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Aurin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Aurin » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:21 am

Really loving this thread!

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Angelman » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:14 pm

Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:48 am

Alright, peoploids! :wave:

For Christmas, I want more sample fiefs, drama seeds, or similar awesomeness from y'all! :thumbup: Can we manage to double the current number of drama seeds and sample fiefs before the year is out, I wonder? In any case, if you guys post a few more of your splendid treats, I'll repay you by posting a drama seed called "Dead Dolls" intended for the 'Darkness Project'. :twisted: I can always write new ones for that upcoming book, and I feel like sharing this one with you now rather than later as I think it is quite cool, if I may say so myself. :oops: It is a mystery husk drama seed, with an emphasis on backstory and atmosphere, intended to depict husks as a horror theme rather than a gore-fest death match extravaganza. ;)

Any biters? :mrgreen:

PS: I'm high on espresso right now, hence the overuse of smilies...
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:00 am

We like caffeine fuelled Angelman.. ;)

I'm game...
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Holz

Postby Holz » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:05 pm

Count me in!
I'll have some free time the next few days and I guess I can write some more drama seeds and think of a Fief!

Should we do a "Memorable NPC's" section?

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:42 am

That's a good idea. I'll start a new topic at once :)
(numerous projects)

Holz

Postby Holz » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:28 pm

Setup: A fairly good and experienced party would be good. A mix of major groups (nobles, guilds, sects) will do a nice job!

Showcase: Moral issues, reverse goals

Traveling, the party will find a small lodge that is run by Emil a middle aged priest of the orthodoxy. He uses the income to help the orphanage he attends and even employs some of the young boys and girls. He is very friendly and the situation is dire at the orphanage, with few items needed for all the children. Emil will ask for the party to help in any way to help the orphanage.
Once the party leaves and reaches it’s a small town, they are made aware that it has been raided and goods stolen and riches gone. They find out that several towns, farms and churches had the same fate. The local noble wants to mount an expedition and hunt for the criminals, and he offers a handsome reward for the leader of the bandits.
If the party starts to correlate the attacks and look at the map, they will find out that the orphanage is at the center of the attacks. Once they reach the orphanage and question Emil (with some pressure and diplomacy), they’ll find out that he was a general for a major house. He lost a battle on the planet and ashamed he turned into a priest.
With so many children and with the need to attend them he turned the older ones into raiders, training them and making them efficient in hit and run tactics.
But what will the party do: Save the priest? Give him to the local noble and get the ransom? And then after rescuing him, giving the ransom money to the orphanage. Or maybe talk to the noble.
But why is that group of misfits so interested in the orphanages location? And the local bishop is looking for a priest that disappeared? And the serfs are sure angry and an angry mob can for at any moment (with torches and pitch forks).

I based the seed on a few blogs and e-mails I read and I focus on the moral dilemma. Make sure to always make double or triple the effort in plots behind the actual facade.
PS: Hopefully I got everything right! Don't call the grammar inquisition!

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:38 pm

This is a nice piece that should present the cadre with some really though moral dilemmas :) And it could be used anywhere in the Known Worlds, as long as it is a rural location. I like this a lot :cheerleader:

For some reason I get associations to Solomon Kane when I read this (the books/comic books, not that awefull movie). Good job! :D
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:53 pm

I love it Holz - I could easily see myself using that.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to “For Game Masters”