Drama Seeds

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Drama Seeds

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:34 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Angelman » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:54 am

Thanks again for your efforts, Bert :)

Tip to all contributors: If you can get an artist friend of yours to create artwork pieces for your contributions, you are guaranteed to have an illustration to your work ;)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:21 pm

So, looking over yesteryear's efforts, we had 16 drama seeds written. That's very good indeed, folks! On behalf of the FSR Developers Team, I would like to thank you all for your excellent work! A special thanks goes to Holz who wrote HALF of the drama seeds last year! HALF! You're an insane man, Holz :p
(numerous projects)

Holz

Postby Holz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:43 pm

Am I insane?
Half you say?

Well... hopefully my 2015 resolution is to at least keep the mark.

Next I need to improve the NPC's section... :mrgreen:
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:56 pm

Looking forward to it, Holz :)
(numerous projects)

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:25 pm

Setup: One of more players with a military background are either "reminded" of an old friend from the war or were introduced to a war buddy in their prelude. Captain Walker could be a good-natured Muster or a wise House Guard officer that the player knew during the last campaigns of the Emperor wars. While the PCs may know much about the character(s) military service. Captain Walker was there and knows all of their stories of the good times and the very very grim times. While the PC(s)'s life took them in a different direction after the war they had promised that they would come back around to see the young Captain as friendships forged in combat are wont to do.
Showcase: Revenge, Character History, Murder Mystery.

Describe the situation.
The player receives a communication, either written or if appropriate a video message, from Captain Walker. Walker seems out of sorts, talking about his sins catching up to him and that he fears for the light of his soul. The message is part confessional, detailing his role in war crimes against the Al-Malik. It's tone is disturbing. Walkers rural manse isn't far out of the players' way (or perhaps near where the GM would like to have the game travel).
The Players arrive to news that Walker has died. Each person at the manse will retell their story of a healthy and happy man that grew progressively more fearful and haunted. The shocking news is that several witnesses claim that a ghostly soldier ran him through and they believe his estates are haunted by the vengeful spirits of fallen soldiers. In the middle of chaos are a pair of young Decados Lords who were visiting with Walker at the time of his murder and a strange Eschaetonic Priest in the village who has been making dire numerological pronouncements.
The Decados Lords were meeting with Walker to try to influence him to stay out of a local conflict on his homeworld but their meeting is hardly above-board and they will be typically evasive of any questions about their presence. The Eschaetonic Priest believes that he has uncovered a sacred number sequence that the Pancreator has designed to help men recognize the pattern of his will. He's a bit mad and possibly heretical but not an obvious suspect. Captain Walker was a man with many enemies, most of them dead. It's certainly possible that the weird nature of the world has allowed a ghost to come back and avenge it's death, or perhaps his murder is more ordinary.

Did Mikah and Alexsander Decados assassinate Walker to keep him out of their ally's land war? And if so how did they manage to make it look like a ghost killed him in front of witnesses?
Did Philosophus Berhn of the Eschaeton tamper with forces he doesn't understand and bring a vengeful spirit back into this world? It certainly wasn't his intent but he had to confess he doesn't fully understand the nature of The Sequence of Superior LIght.
Is the assassin hidden from view, perhaps one of the shaken servants right in front of the PC's. Maybe a devout servant of a wronged Al-Malik household dedicated to vengeance.
Regardless of who the guilty party is found to be the interviews and search for the truth will illuminate many of the less glamorous aspects of Captain Walker's history as well as the history of the PC's that knew him.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:07 am

Another excellent story, sort of Sleepy Hollow meets Courage Under Fire. Also, this is the first drama seed of 2015! :D
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:14 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Holz

Postby Holz » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Any specific format for the art?

I'll apply an art from a friend, just need few more days (hopefully!)
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:08 am

Black and white, and a reasonable scan/image quality. I may need to jiggle with it a bit depending on size/aspect but at the moment I'd just be glad of a few more images to break up the text a little :)
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Return to “For Game Masters”