Drama Seeds

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Drama Seeds

Postby Bertjammin » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:57 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Angelman » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:01 am

Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Holz

Postby Holz » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Moving over there!
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Holz

Postby Holz » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Another Drama Seed! Hope you all enjoy!

Shadow on Shadows
Setup: This drama is to be played as an in between story. Especially when the party is traveling between cities/villages/fiefs. I might say that at least a priest will be good, or some character aware of supernatural features. Expect to the adventure to be of paranoia for the players.

Showcase: Antinomy, knowledge is power, things in the dark

“The road is dark and the skies threaten to pour water on all. Lightning flashes and thunder roars as the impending storm approaches. No safe house or place to stay. As the first rain drops start to fall, a lightning shows a path towards a church, not far away.”

The party will come to a rather large church on the country side, called the Saint Ignatius of Unspeakable Truths. The church is run by an Eskatonic priest, and two young scholars. They are Magus Anmug, Gerry and Maria Dolores.
The priest has several dogmatic principles and one of them is that men and women must sleep and eat and work on separated places. Aliens are to be separated from the rest of the party. The only place common to all is the church. (This is made so that party splits, it can be a little tricky, but to improve, I’d give 1 to 2 minutes of interaction and always stop at cliff hangers. Players will be on the edge of their chairs all the time).

After being given dry clothes and a room to stay, players are asked to leave weapons and other technological devices behind, for an evening prayer. After a short sermon, Magus Anmug will make the cadre feel comfortable and each of his scholars will take them to eat.

(Each event must happen in a similar way to each group, though it is at the GM’s discretion how it will work.)

While eating, they hear someone screaming on the corridor. The scholar taking care walks towards the door and leaves the players alone. No one returns. If the players check the corridor, blood is on the floor and wall, but no corpse.

Why is there blood on the floor? Was someone murdered? Is this a plot against the players? A ritual sacrife?
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Mon May 02, 2016 11:32 am

Vidar, did you ever made NPCs for your Dead Dolls drama?

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon May 02, 2016 5:18 pm

No, I never did. I think my idea was that the GM would want to adapt/fit the NPCs to his/her own game anyway, so I never bothered statting things in the Drama Seeds :)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Return to “For Game Masters”