Husks

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Husks

Postby Angelman » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:26 am

Draxus was a lost world housing one of the Cities of Refuge. It is mentioned in the Merchants of the Jumpweb. I don't think it was in the Imp.surveys, although I could be wrong. Unless I am completely mistaken however, making Draxus a zombie world was entierly Angus' idea.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Aurin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Aurin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:07 am

Ah yes, we were thinking of the same side bar regarding cities of refuge. Thanks for refreshing my memory! Yes, I think you are right re zombie world, but the planet was known for being hit by a plague bomb if I remember correctly?

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:18 am

The plague bombed City of Refuge was Yantrai on Criticorum. I can't remember any other details or references for Draxus.

Angus' zombie world idea was an interesting concept. Basically much of the population were living dead, with some of them being sentient and 'functional undeads'. The planet was called Grave now (or was that another world completely, and not Draxus? I'm starting to get confused ;) ).
(numerous projects)

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:53 am

One of the best stories we did with Husks was playing as Hazat Nobles who were sent into a remote resort town to investigate an attack that resembled a husk. It was a mindless violent human that took a lot of punishment to bring down but the body had been burned to cover up the issue. We soon ran into another husk and when we killed it we found that it's blood was turquoise. The Mayor of the town pressured us to keep the news quiet or it would destroy the town.
We followed a trail of sightings of these husks to shut down prismium mine where Engineers were testing a new process for extracting prismuim ore from mine runoff. The engineers are using (You guessed it) tanks of a strange blue chemical. We returned to town to call in the cavalry and shut the Engineers down but we were attacked by Muster who had an unnatural ability to regenerate and (Yep) bled blue. However these guys were clearly not husks, they were intelligent calculating foes. So obviously this was something unusual. So we quietly mustered forces in the town and did a quick run and attack on the mine, taking some of the Engineers into custody.
We found out that the Engineers were actually secretly working on a form of Elixir that resides in the bloodstream waiting for injury or disease but that the project had gone terribly wrong. If the subject dies with a full dose of the serum in their system they rise from the dead and continue autonomously eating and attacking threats. One of the members of their team begin secretly conducting human trials in the town and they don't know for sure how many of the townspeople are have the serum running through heir bloodstream at this point.
We solved the problem with flameguns and The Thing-esque loyalty checks but even still we were surprised to find out that some of the people we thought we could trust were injected

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:56 am

What a fantastic use of husks! Consider the idea stolen, Leviathan of Maddoc :D (I'd probably make the culprits medical Engineers and/or Apothecaries, or even means-well-does-evil Amaltheans).
(numerous projects)

Return to “For Game Masters”