A question of nobility and title

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Amlost
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: A question of nobility and title

Postby Amlost » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:33 pm

This discussion may solve a long standing question I had over the name of one Baron Wynston-Smyth Eduardo's name. This syn of House Hawkwood made a play for Tethys in 4565-66. But what is in a name....

Perhaps this Baron was born a member of the Eduardo branch of the Hazat, sworn to the Baroness of the Wynston-Smyth lineage. His bride, perhaps, dies soon after the formal betrothal. He raises an army and his promises gather allies for an insurection against the forces he blames for her death....

I like it...

Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bertjammin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:34 am

Bizarre coincidence, I came up with the storyline I'm working on when I was reading about Tethys and Baron Wynston-Smythe just the other evening....
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:02 am

From how I see it:
Knighting is more than just a shoulder-tap with a sword. Knights swear loyalty to the House and renounce all other worldly allegiances (save marriage). If your Justinian accepted knighting by a Hawkwood Lord he would be leaving house Justinian behind. It wouldn't be a move the Hawkwoods would enter into lightly due to the political volatility that would come from it and it wouldn't be something the young Justinian would be likely to take on unless he had no possible prospects in his house. Once he rose as an esquire of House Hawkwood his own house would likely treat him as badly as they could treat a noble and may even covertly seek revenge.

Return to “For Game Masters”