A short interlude

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A short interlude

Postby Bertjammin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:41 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Holz

Re: A short interlude

Postby Holz » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:55 pm

I had a local village action last week.

The party consisted on a spring festival with an all-you-can-eat-spicy-pie-contest (winners were a human and a gannok, the vorox lost on the 5th pie).
During the festival a Invisible path cell found a local girl with psi abilities awakaning and tried to kidnap her and PC´s got involved.

The pie contest was a blast! :D
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Aurin

Postby Aurin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:57 pm

I like that -- I like the psychic angle here. In general, the quality / interestingness of NPCs makes a lot of how players remember the game, so making the witch an interesting character is important. Maybe she is a psychic? maybe she was at the wrong place when a psychic agent was doing coven work?

It also may be a fun place to show the backwardness of commoners. They are bringing a lynch mob roused by the local priest to bring down the witch? Or perhaps they are blaming the newest witchcraft on an ukari that recently passed through town...

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:22 am

Currently thinking that the cadre will be woken by news of a fire - the baroness' (their hostess) knights are away fighting in the Austram War (as the Countess there has Justinian blood) so she entreats upon them to help.

Turns out that the fire is centred on a church and it has been set alight by an angry mob. The mob are protesting at the fact that the local priest has got his own mob together and captured a "heretic witch": a local girl by the name of Carrie. She is seen by the serfs as a gifted healer, herbalist and prophetess. She is a low level psychic but they don't care about that, they just see the good she does. Over to the players to untangle the mess...
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:00 am

Well, that all went rather well :D A write up will be on the blog as soon as I can get round to it.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Return to “For Game Masters”