Prices for beasts

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Prices for beasts

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:05 am

Can anyone point me in the direction of any published prices for beasts/creatures?

One of my players wants to buy a trained beast (after seeing what House Trusnikron are capable of) and I was wondering if there was any precedent for how much such things might cost.

He's thinking along the lines of a Delphian Wolf-cat (I think he got the idea from GW's Space Wolf Thunderwolf cavalry...). I'm happy with him having it as it'll potentially cause as many issues as it provides benefits and there's plenty of scope for related storylines and plot but I want to be fair and consistent when it comes to cost/value. I also don't want to side-track my main storyline too much by having him do a favour for the (Trusnikron/Guild?) supplier.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman

Re: Prices for beasts

Postby Angelman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:58 pm

If you've got the FSR PG, you have a nice list on p.355 regarding mounts. I'm rather happy with the corresponding beasts section which I spent a lot of time and energy researching :) That work also made me fall in love with donkeys and camels ;)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:16 pm

How'd I miss that! Thanks Angelman :thumbup:

So a Pheriza is 800fb and a Warhorse 1000fb....something like a Davros (more rare and harder to train but arguably and equivalent) might go for 12-1500fb. Excellent.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:25 pm

Rather embarrasingly, I just noticed that the mounts sidebar has FS3 rules :/
(numerous projects)

Holz

Postby Holz » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:37 pm

Errata?
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:45 am

Yes. We'll have to do that. I'll see when I can find the time.
(numerous projects)

Return to “For Game Masters”