Cloud City of Bespin

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Aurin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cloud City of Bespin

Postby Aurin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:58 pm

I'm looking for the Fading Suns equivalent of Bespin from Star Wars. Particularly, I'm thinking of tall spires and the noble elite riding flitters above the peasantry below. I seem to recall Archeon having that feel. This could obviously be some part of Leagueheim as well. Any other thoughts?

Angelman

Re: Cloud City of Bespin

Postby Angelman » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Acheon would be my first choice. When writing the Acheon article for Criticorum Discord, I envisioned it as a rougly 3 tier city, with the top sections elevated high about the smog-filled bottom tier. Although not exactly Cloud City (i.e. not a hover-town in the skies), it might be the closest you get.

That said, there are references to some sky city things on Madoc (can't remember where). Although it hasn't been defined yet, that could work well as a Cloud City analogue. I'll keep that in mind...

Leagueheim is more broad than tall.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Holz

Postby Holz » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:50 pm

You can use the Cadiz city-slums or maybe a space station near orbit a gas giant.
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Aurin

Postby Aurin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Cadiz is another good option. I imagine Leagueheim has mega arcologies as well. It's where anyone who wants to run shadowrun can put their game :)

I think that Archeon is the best choice. I was looking for a place to put a sweet flitter race above a City, so it's likely the winner here.

Aurin

Postby Aurin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Also - stop teasing us with Criticorum Discord already :) we're all very excited and can't wait for the book!

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:54 am

I know I know! We're really looking forward to releasing this :D

Short overview of Acheon: It sits between the walls of a dry wadi, with the lower tier sitting on the smogfilled bottom and raising a few stories, the middle class (guilder etc.) dwelling on the middle tier, and the nobles inhabiting the highest levels of a dozen archologies and towering structures. There are also a big bridge/platform stretching across the wadi from mountain side to mountainside, +some other elevated platforms of the middle section, as well as some hanging parks and such on the top section.

The city of Ost (also on Criticorum) = LA in Blade Runner + many waterway canals.

I also had the pleasure of expanding on Leagueheim for an upcoming Merchant project, and that world is a continuous mass of metropolises and archologies covering most of the planet.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:52 am

I would say that for the Known Worlds Leagueheim would probably be a closer match for Coruscant, or at least as close as Fading Suns is likely to get before the rise of the Third Republic. ;)

-
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Aurin

Postby Aurin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:38 pm

I completely agree. I wasn't looking for a Bespin, per se, I was more looking for a place with tall spires above the peasantry. Archeon will do nicely.

Newmarduk

Postby Newmarduk » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:11 am

A good crossover idea, in my opinion.

Aurin

Postby Aurin » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:21 pm

Newmarduk! Great to hear from you!

Cloud City is a great location that can be easily mirrored in some of the fading suns places above. Now we all wait patiently for Criticorum Discord :)

Return to “For Game Masters”