Card games in the Known Worlds

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Holz

Re: Card games in the Known Worlds

Postby Holz » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:06 pm

Too bad the information on the Red Brick and HDI forums are gone. =/
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Aurin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Aurin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:36 pm

yes, it's sad to lose the old RedBrick boards, but at least on a happy note, I'm the one who made all of the notes previously on the books :) I'll dig them up and re-post them at some point. I'm going to take proper notes to make some easily searchable material.

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Angelman » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:00 am

Yes, please do, Aurin! Those lists were a brillinat resource :D We should probably work those into a semi-official pdf freebie and preserve it for posterity :)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:48 pm

I haven't seen anything cannon.

Most of the games I've run have a version of Poker. We had a Penitent's Poker that was a 5-card straight and Reeve's poker similar to Texas Hold'em but you were dealt full hands and the river cards identified which cards in players hands became wildcards with every turn.

Because we have dice on the table we've done a few live-action dice games. One where the players roll dice attempting to build sets of numbers behind a blind.

We've had chess and Go players in more than one game of Fading Suns, they're good games to win the respect of intellectual NPCs and have conversations over.

In addition to traditional gambing games I'd expect that there would be a wide number of parlor games that ladies and gentlemen would play socially similar to Bridge or canasta.

Return to “For Game Masters”