Fading Suns in your local area?

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fading Suns in your local area?

Postby Bertjammin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:05 am

Out of interest, how popular is Fading Suns in your local gaming community? FSR books seem to have rekindled things here with our local games store having to reorder both GM & Player books after a wek of getting them in stock. Plus I know one of my players is planning to start running it for another group when it comes to his turn to GM.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Aurin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fading Suns in your local area?

Postby Aurin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:00 am

There isn't a FS community out in California so far as I know out of myself :) I'd be interested to see the number of product sales as well as geographic distribution of those sales

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:35 am

Hearing that FS is slowly gathering steam is music to our ears :) Hopefully, the second print of the PG & GMG will be back in the shops very soon, and I am sure the FASA booth at GenCon will stock them.

Here in Norway, there isn't a 'community' as such, although I have met quite a few GMs over the years. Although, it won't be anything on the scale of bigger countries/markets of course. But yeah, hopefully things will continue to pick up as we get to publish more books.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:40 am

Personally I think some of the popularity here might be because of the similar "grim dark" themes from Games Workshop's Warhammer 40k and the 2000ad comics - major formative influences for most British gamers my age.

Plus it's an awesome game & setting....
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:24 am

I dear venture that FS is better than W40K :p Still, they are WAY bigger than us of course.

My draw to FS is the Dune + Star Wars combo, which I feel is a very strong basis for a setting.
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:01 am

Oh I'd agree that (particularly these days) I far prefer FS over "WartyK" - but GW's constant and visual presence on British high streets means that it's the way many gamers get into the hobby and it becomes useful frame of reference.
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:04 am

Good for them :) and if it helps us, then good for us as well :D
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:15 am

Indeed ;)
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Holz

Postby Holz » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:15 pm

The community here in Brazil is fairly small. I know a few GM's and a we don't have much of a knowledge on how the game is "reaching" down here.

This week we have the EIRPG (International Encounter of RPG) and I am planning on GMing a table of FS2, for those willing to play, and will make some propaganda on the new FSR!
:D
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 pm

Thank you, Holz, that sounds very good indeed :)

I hope you can recruite a couple of new fanst to FS!
(numerous projects)

Return to “For Game Masters”