The Trials & Tribulations of Dame Arcadia Justinian

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Aurin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The Trials & Tribulations of Dame Arcadia Justinian

Postby Aurin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:53 am

Another great one. Will be sad to have to go a couple of weeks without another session. I voted on the poll, but in general, more is better :) FS material in any state is great, or anything that's inspiring more creativity in gaming is always appreciated.

Bertjammin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bertjammin » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:57 am

There's a new post on the blog :cheerleader:

To fill the lack of game reports I'm going to be posting some fiction extracts over the coming days (amongst other things) that will hopefully foreshadow some future events in the game by showing what is going on above the heads of our spelunking adventurers....
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Aurin

Postby Aurin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:05 am

Love it. Cutaways are a very Star Wars rpg thing. How do your players respond?

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:11 am

Player response has been really positive (I've used this technique before with other games too). I find it's a good way of helping them get a handle of what NPCs (and even setting details) and a good way to disseminate information.

In fact it's inspired some of the guys to write their own - for the first one check today's blog.... ;)
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:11 am

Just to let you know - there's another fiction interlude up on eth blog. This one chronologically fits before the other two....
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:47 am

The hiatus ends tonight....hopefully most of the party will emerge from the depths of Deepcore 104, but what will await them above? What have De Havilland, Tonbei and Lady Althea been up to in the meantime?
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:07 am

Session twelve write up is up on the blog, and the cadre are now on the run.....
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:16 am

Sounds like a blast! :thumbup: Where do you intent to lead them next?
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:17 am

Who knows! :crazy:

The players want to get off world (and preferably far away from Hawkwood space), while Arcadia (our ongoing NPC) is starting to spit with vitriol and bemoaning the fact that she ran away three years ago and perhaps now is the time for more action.

If they can get a decent deal on the genelocks they might be able to buy a decent small ship and crew it, which will give them freedom of movement. The downside is that it's likely to be noticed and Hasimir is advising not blowing their cash as they may need it to remain on the run (plus he's already complaining about having to leave a comfortable bed and hot showers behind). On the other hand Arcadia seems to like the idea of getting a ship and crew and taking to piracy against the Hawkwoods. Essentially operating as a Justinian Privateer without a letter of marque....

The short term plan is to head to Deepcore 101 and off load the gear then head to a spaceport. While 101 is Guild controlled and therefore potentially a good place to hide from the Hawkwoods and Justinians the main Guild there are the Muster who are well known for containing a high proportion of Bounty Hunters.....
"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Oh well.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:37 am

Sounds like the cadre are finding themselves between a rock and a hard place, with potential rewards on their hands that might spure dangerous jealous reactions from peers and commoners alike. Awesome stuff! :D
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Return to “For Game Masters”