Cards for helping the game

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Holz

Cards for helping the game

Postby Holz » Tue May 20, 2014 11:43 pm

I was with some free time and I started to mess around with excel spread sheet and I came with the idea of making cards for each Theurgy ritual, then psi power... then I got megalomaniac and decided to put everything, so it could be easy to players and GM.

I admit it is simple and not perfect (I want some feedback and ideas). :D
Also, if FASA would allow me to continue and once done (will take a while), make it available.
On the white spaces I would place an item like a Chest piece of Armor, a few guns on Gun, etc.

If I had any skills with Photoshop I´d use it. But I don´t. :mrgreen:

Please feel free to contact me!
FS Cards.pdf
Fs sample cards
(45.03 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Cards for helping the game

Postby Angelman » Wed May 21, 2014 10:18 am

I think many gamers will find something like this quite useful, Holz. Nice idea! I'm pretty sure FASA would not be interested in tackling something like this at this time though, because there's so many things on the plate already, but it is a very good fan project, I think :)

As for suggestions, perhaps you could shorten some of the texts to bullet point entries, especially with longer theurgic rites and the like which you won't be able to put into one card. Short bullet points together with a page & book reference would be good.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Bogie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Bogie » Wed May 21, 2014 10:27 am

Wow. Pretty cool idea. If I get some time over the next couple of days I'll take a look and see if I can get you some proper feedback. I do like the idea of cards for things like maneuvers in the fighting styles, psychism, and theurgy.

I
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Holz

Postby Holz » Wed May 21, 2014 5:34 pm

Hum... good idea Angelman! I will do that!
Colonel Bogie, can´t wait for your feedback!

This might take a while thoug, but I will make this available as I develop it. I might not have all info, since I don't have all the books of FS.
Hopefully I´ll get things done slowly and you can print and play with your players!

Xandarth

Postby Xandarth » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Hmmmm, cards... that have spell effects written on them and are meant for use in a game.....

Aren't they considered to be Odious unto Humanity and possession of such cards punishable by burning in the holy fire of the flame cannons of the Inquisition? :think:

.... or is it only CCG's that are considered to be heretical? ;)

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:54 pm

Let's call them 'prayer cards', and I'm sure the Avestites will leave us along ;)
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

Grummore

Postby Grummore » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:18 pm

The file seems broken. Nothing appear but two white page.

Holz

Postby Holz » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:50 pm

You are right... hum.

I will fix that! And as soon as it up, I'll warn you,

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:06 pm

I used to really dislike the quick reference cards. I thought they somehow cheapened the romance of the game but I've recently stated playing a few games that use them and they're a solid tool, especially if you have a crowded table where it's hard to dig through books for info.

Holz

Postby Holz » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:38 pm

All I do is to speed up the game and focus on the roleplay.
If the players ask what weapon he just got from the floor, or how the spell is casted, in a fast and easy way, the card is there, for when the downtime comes, the book is available. ^^

Return to “For Game Masters”