Share your FSR house rules

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
Angelman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Share your FSR house rules

Postby Angelman » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi all,

We would be very much interested in hearing how you guys utilize the FSR rules, and how you cope with any unusual situations and the like. It is fun to see how other people make use of the rules, and to share one’s own brilliant inventions. All developments and changes to the rules are interesting – from quick preference fixes (“all lazar weapons do 2d more DMG in my game”) to complete rewrites or broad changes. It would likewise be cool to hear about fixes that did not work well or turn out as intended – anything coming from experience of playing or from experimenting with the rules would be fun to read about. Have at it!
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

legob
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Share your FSR house rules

Postby legob » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi,
With my friends we played once a week from the release of the revised edition, and before that for two years with the second edition.
I have to say I made a lot of adjustment to the rules, as some parts are completely useless and some other I just prefer to use in a different way.
I've got 5 pages of house rules under this link, and it's not an up to date version of what I use, but it's in French.

http://www.scenariotheque.org/Document/ ... d_doc=7840
Just click the pdf.

According to me the most needed adjusments are with the Psychic and theurgic powers, and with the weapon accessories.

If I find some time, I'll translate it into English.

legob

Postby legob » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:56 am

I've translated the pdf in english.
I appologise English isn't my native language and it my contain some translation mistakes.
You can get it her: http://www.4shared.com/office/1p2xkhE4/ ... evise.html
So far I only made house rules for the options my players are using, so there's a lot more to do, especially for the cyberware. Cyberware rules allow players to make really overpowered characters.

Anunnaki

Postby Anunnaki » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks legob!! :)

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:38 am

My computer doesn't like the 4share site it seems... could you post the thing here perhaps? :) Sounds like a good source of inspiration!

Question of interest: The parts that you find "completely useless", is that: Because they do not fit your style/vision/taste/whatever? Or is the math broken? Or do you feel they don't interface well with other parts of the rules? What seems to you to, generally, be the problem?
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

legob

Postby legob » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:56 pm

legob

Postby legob » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:00 pm

I had not seen that I could directly upload here. Thanks Angelman.
House rules ENG v1.0.pdf
Legob's house rules v1.0
(93.95 KiB) Downloaded 349 times

Bearman

Postby Bearman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:22 am

Thanks for sharing the document Legob! :-)

Isn't there already a limit to Soma powers? I mean you add the VP on the roll to the attribute which means a maximum of 9 additional points when rolling really well.
Also the default duration is only a couple of rounds unless you spend additional Wyrd.
If a Soma practitioner wants to be a compat beast she'll have to spend tremendous amounts of Wyrd to increase strenght, Dex and Endurance. 1 for each plus potentially 1 more for each in order to get more than a few rounds of übermensch status.

Also the benefit is dependant on 3 Psi rolls deciding how many points the attributes are raised.

It doesn't seem that broken to me.

If you want it would be rather simple to limit players ability to regain Wyrd if it seems they have too much of it to spend :-)
Just remove the ability to regain it by meditation and watch them squirm! :)

I haven't looked into Cybernetics much yet but the XP cost of getting the attribute boosts from Cyber seems like a nice enough balance.
Sure it's a lot cheaper to buy attributes with cyber than the natural way, but it costs Firebirds, gets you under church scrutiny and adds to incompatability. So there is a tradeoff for not just sticking to a protein rich diet and pumping iron :-)

Bearman

Postby Bearman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:32 am

I love the idea of varying quality for Cyberware depending on manufacturer and the idea of having Incompatability have some sort of effect on Faith or Will is interesting.
I also like the idea of a devout Theurgist with cyberlimbs however so I don't think it should be mutually exclusive.

legob

Postby legob » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:12 am

Return to “For Game Masters”