Will and cybernetics

Discussion on game mastering Fading Suns. May contain spoilers; caution is recommended!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gfrobbin84
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Will and cybernetics

Postby gfrobbin84 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:13 pm

So i noticed something.

Will determines the amount of cybernetics you can have without going insane, but you can use cybernetics to boost Will so what happens if you are maxed currently on incompatibility and buy more cybernetics to boost your Will?

Gannok

Re: Will and cybernetics

Postby Gannok » Mon May 20, 2013 2:26 am

There are some rules about this. They are in the Cybernetics section under "Enhanced Characteristics", pgs. 336-337. It does not solve the whole of the question though. My suggestion is that in this case, it does not alter you max available Incompatibility. There is some amount of rules/world lore to back this suggestion up heavily. If you have more than 20 pts of Incompatibility, you are then considered Soul Dead, because almost 2/3 of your body has been replaced by machine. Now if you ramp that number up to its max potential number, that gets pretty close to 100% when you get to around 30 pts of Incompatibility. So I don't think you could actually be more than 100% machine, which is what adding Will would allow you to do. So that math doesn't add up to allow you to do so. I would think of added Will as being a bonus or modifier.

Angelman

Postby Angelman » Mon May 20, 2013 5:16 am

This sounds like a carry-over issue from FS2. We kept the general idea of the Cybernetic rules, but since we rolled Ego into Will things got a bit complicated Will-wise. I would suggest that the incompatibility tolerance is determined by “natural” Will alone – any occult, cybernetic, or other type of enhancement would not factor in. IMHO.
Writer, editor, & developer for:
. (Fading Suns Revised: PG, GMG, Criticorum Discord)
(numerous projects)

gfrobbin84

Postby gfrobbin84 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks guys that helps alot especially the pure mechanical explanation as we are using a home brewed setting and just using the FSR rules and it is more of a generic sci-fi type setting so all the church hatred stuff really doesn't apply.

Return to “For Game Masters”