Peasants?

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Leviathan of Maddoc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Peasants?

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Tue May 31, 2016 12:00 pm

I got in a discussion about power disparity in Fading Suns with another player over the holiday weekend it occurred to me that the games my group runs might be disproportionately focused on the peasantry of the Fading Suns universe. Generally in our games themes of power-imbalance, Xenophobia and Superstition, The corruption of technology and human suffering are introduced by peasants or aliens and often a Noble's character is depicted by how they treats their peasants. But while defending the practice of running games with oppressed social classes, it occurs to me that the actual book rules deal only obliquely with peasants and I don't recall any published adventures that have peasants in them. So my question is are there peasants in your games?

Have you ever played a Peasant/slave Character?

Has your character ever owned NPC peasants/slaves?

Do your characters interact with peasant or slave NPCs or are they generally part of the background of your stories?

Holz

Re: Peasants?

Postby Holz » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:13 pm

In one of my games a noble had an estate and had to deal with several serfs, including a Zuranist camp, for the terror of the deacon.
My players treated them fair and thought them how to make things better in some stances.

And of course, peasants and slaves dot the background. From simple things I say on the description, from minor NPC's that give clues and interact with them.
To hell with information, ammunition is ammunition.

If brute for ain't working you ain't using enough.

Fan site of the FS Universe: https://fadingsunsbr.wordpress.com/portal/

Return to “For Players”