What would you rather fight?

Discussion on playing Fading Suns. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Who would be more fun to fight

Hironem freedom fighters engaging in insurgent attacks to rescue one of their leaders who was captured in a kidnapping plot.
17%
Decados Militia and Knights that are using deadly force to put down a labor protest of cannery workers caused by political infighting between the Decados and the Skravers. (One of the players has an enemy knight that will likely try to take advantage of the confusion to strike)
17%
A firefight in a crowded market between Decados Militia and an organized crime family.
67%

Total votes: 6

Leviathan of Maddoc
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What would you rather fight?

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:35 pm

So Cadiz Redemption needs a decent fight. The characters are a bit green and not up for much of a challenge but the players are likely spoiling for a bit of blood. The problem is I've been wrestling with who the antagonists are for two weeks and can't decide. If you were playing in a relatively new game which fight would seem the most appealing?

Bogie

Re: What would you rather fight?

Postby Bogie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:56 am

Going with option 3 since the characters are green it gives plenty of options for backup if it gets out of hand :) Option two looks like fun too but it puts the characters squarely at odds with militia and knights without a lot of backup, if you are using FSR then they's probably get wiped out quick. The system is always more deadly than I remember every time I run it.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:14 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

Bogie

Postby Bogie » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:22 pm

True enough, I am just used to my own group of gamers whose characters will fight to the death (in any game system) over the smallest slight and in the face of even the most overwhelming odds.
Colonel Bogie
Director - FASA Games
Line Developer - Fading Suns / Noble Armada
Hail Freedonia!

Bertjammin

Postby Bertjammin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:01 am

"The crazy ol' Vorox"

Something witty, pithy and observant ought to go here.

Oh well.

Follow my current campaign and my general musings about GMing Fading Suns at: http://trialsofarcadia.blogspot.co.uk/

etherial

Postby etherial » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:16 am

I've also had them get attacked by mooks while in the middle of desperately trying to get from Point A to Point B to stop something horrible. Yes, they can finish off the mooks, but then something horrible would happen.

Leviathan of Maddoc

Postby Leviathan of Maddoc » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:32 pm

I chose the early encounters specifically for enemies that have a weak interest in the fight and an inclination to show mercy. The Hironem fighters are just settlement defenders, not looking to spill blood if they can avoid it. The Militia aren't used to facing real threats, the gangsters and protesters aren't willing to die for what they're after and none of them gain from intentionally killing people. Later there will be antongists who will kill or die without hesitation for their beliefs.

The mechanics we use aren't very forgiving and our theurgist is pretty ballsy with his abilities. I'm hoping to throw some allies into the mix that can suffer for the player's confidence.

Return to “For Players”